Are you a dog man or cat person?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would LOVE to get a Komondor, preferably black, and I would have a little Rasta hat for him, lol.

A good old mate, Mark had one, named Teddy. One of the most amazing, loveable, well tempered dogs I had ever seen. Smart too! REALLY SMART. The unique coat is certainly not something you see everyday, but it's surprisingly soft. I just loved that dog, and he was quite the conversation starter whenever I got to dog sit, and take him out to the beach.

Puli-Puppies-For-Sale-3.jpg

Wow, that is a different looking dog...he looks like a furball :)

White Komodor:

image-3376692958.jpg

Pulis are similar, but smaller, also Hungarian.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
Oh yeah, it was Puli's I was thinking of. Thanks, Dawg. I just wish I could remember what kind of hound my Mom has...

They both look like dustmops!

PrincessFiona60 said:
The Kommodor looks like MY dustmop...:LOL:

Roe is growing up fast, she's not nipping like she was and calms faster when i pick her up.

That's good! How is she with the patients?

PrincessFiona60 said:
Roe has had a lot of time sleeping on her Great-Grandma's bed, she is a resident in our facility. So she's really good with the elderly.

Good girl, Roe!

We just got back from saying goodbye to our neighbors' elderly dog. The vet will be out to put her to sleep tomorrow. Very sad. She knows DH and me very well, her mind is sharp, but her poor body is shot. She loved it when we patted and cooed over her, she's almost 17, very old for a large dog, and much beloved. RIP.

Last edited:
Love the wienerdogs! PF, you are indeed a lover of dogs!

Last edited:
It's a 5 hour event, I plan on making lots of furry friends. Amazing what a pocket of biscuits can do...

We just got back from saying goodbye to our neighbors' elderly dog. The vet will be out to put her to sleep tomorrow. Very sad. She knows DH and me very well, her mind is sharp, but her poor body is shot. She loved it when we patted and cooed over her, she's almost 17, very old for a large dog, and much beloved. RIP.

Oh, man....how sad. :( That must be so hard for all of you. My Ozzie was almost 17 when he passed - even though they have a long and good life, it's still hard to say goodbye.

When we had him cremated, the vets office first made us a plaster cast of his pawprint :(, gave us some rosemary (for remembrance) in a sealed see through packet, along with a lovely poem, and gave him back to us in a beautiful little cedar box. It helped to have something so lovely given back to us. May your friend's dog have an easy passing over the Rainbow Bridge. (hugs)

Last edited:
Good girl, Roe!

Awwww. I'm glad you got a chance to say good bye. That's so nice of the vet to come to the dog's home for that final visit. It must be much nicer for the dog that way. Aw, now I'm choking up. (((hugs Dawg)))

Thanks guys. I couldn't find a suitable card, so sent an e-card. Miss her already. She and Beagle were good friends.

I am a dog person. My family had both dogs and cats when I was a child so I know both well. I think cats are pretty animals, and I know and understand cat affection, but I like the affection and the way dogs relate to humans better. Maybe I like that dogs "need" you where cat's don't, not really. Feral cats can kill their own meat, dogs don't.

I got my dog from the dog pound. He was a year old and statistics show that more puppies get adopted and often older dogs are euthanized. People want to adopt cute puppies. I often wonder if I saved his life. When I met him I made a 10 minute decision to adopt him. I was afraid if I didn't that somebody else would so it was one of those life decisions where you have to make up your mind right that instant. I've had him almost 14 years now, he's about 15. He's a cute breed, looks mostly cocker spaniel to me. Probably a lot of other breeds in there too. He looks even cuter IMO as a sr. citizen dog.

Oddly, cats love me. I've often had the experience visiting cat lover friends, and I will perhaps sit down and see the cat and hold my hand out for sniffing (good practice with dogs too). My friend will say "Oh don't bother, my cat hates strangers. He won't come near you." But I know cats. Cats are used to people trying to call them. (Thus the expression, "Harder than herding cats.") Playing hard to get just drives cats nuts! All I do is initially ofter friendliness, and then I ignore them. More often than not their "unfriendly" cat ends up curled up in my lap. I'm often told, "I've never seen him/her act that way with strangers!"

I'm single and hope to have a "SO" some day, and I'm prepared to accept her cats if she's a cat person, but I would never adopt a cat myself.

I'm a dog lover. Dogs (their ancestors) were the first animals domesticated by humans. It appears that we liked that they were cute as pets, and they may have helped us hunt. Later humans domesticated food animals, but that postdates our adoption of dogs. Or maybe dogs domesticated us? :)

In any case dog was man's first animal friend and as far as I'm concerned dogs will always be man's best animal friends.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom