Bet you didn't know that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had three cats, all indoors and all dry food only. Two of the three lived in excess of 18 years each. The third ran away. Maybe it was because we did not give him wet food ;)

No gooshie food? Wet food is the only reason my cats even tolerate me...:ROFLMAO:

I have had three cats, all indoors and all dry food only. Two of the three lived in excess of 18 years each. The third ran away. Maybe it was because we did not give him wet food ;)

Well, doggies. So far the dry food is running ahead of the pack. That's a surprise to me -- and I would not be totally disappointed to have the "no dry food" proponent proven dead wrong. It would be easier and cheaper to feed mostly dry food and dole out the gooshie for dessert. Any other folks out there with old, healthy, dry food cats? I'm perfectly OK with teaching this old dog a new trick.

The Australian male lesser spotted Ohmagoullee bird has very short legs and only lands in water

There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo!:mellow:

The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other's shoulders!:ohmy:

It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!:wacko:

Most lipstick contains fish scales!

No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!:ermm:

If you counted out one dollar bills, 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion! Now think about the 14.5 Trillion National Debt of the USA.:rolleyes::ohmy::rolleyes::mad:

No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!:ermm:
The Mythbusters disproved this one. They found that the larger the piece of paper, the more times it can be folded in half. They used a large hanger and a very large piece of paper and were able to pass 7 folds.

The Mythbusters disproved this one. They found that the larger the piece of paper, the more times it can be folded in half. They used a large hanger and a very large piece of paper and were able to pass 7 folds.

Thanks! I always love to hear when a so-called unique fact is disproven!

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!
That is actually the average time a chicken can fly at a height of 5 feet off the ground (10-13 seconds--it does depend on the breed--heavier breeds will not fly as long). The longest recorded distance a chicken has flown is 301.6 feet. which, would mean the chicken flew approximately 23.2 feet / second. If this distance were covered in 13 seconds, that would mean the chicken was traveling at about about 18 mph. However, chickens typically travel at 9 mph and stay airborne for 3-4 seconds. Chickens are described as "gliding" more than flying. The reason they are not good flyers has to do with the size of the wings. Although, my barred Plymouth Rocks fly quite well and will fly quite high (about 8 feet if I use the deer fence around the garden as a gauge). I actually recall s/one telling me it was 1 min 43 seconds, but I can't find proof of that.

Now that's just wrong. Re the Pilgrims' doing that, I mean.

Back then, lobsters were poor folks food. Children took lobster to school for lunch and were ridiculed for it. It's a relatively recent development for lobster to be high falutin'.

Back then, lobsters were poor folks food. Children took lobster to school for lunch and were ridiculed for it. It's a relatively recent development for lobster to be high falutin'.

Son of a gun. I didn't know that. Thanks to Bolas' thread and Andy's and everyone's posts, I'm getting smarter by the minute. Wheeee. Or is that "weeee" (said like the little pig out the car window in the Geico commercials) all the way home. :pig::rolleyes::D I love that commercial. Just wish I could see the guy while he does the piggy-voice.

Or is that "weeee" (said like the little pig out the car window in the Geico commercials) all the way home. :pig::rolleyes::D I love that commercial. Just wish I could see the guy while he does the piggy-voice.

As much as I hate to say it, I also love that advertisement! Crack me up!

Weeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:pig::pig::pig:

Lobsters were fed to prisoners in the state of Maine before lobster gained the status of being high falutin'.

Loons can't walk on land- their legs are too far back on they're body, which is why you never see them out of the water.

In areas like Duluth, MN, where the wind comes steadily off the lake, the chimneys all lean toward the lake from the particles in the air wearing down the grout on that side.

Table salt is the only commodity that hasn’t risen dramatically in price in the last 150 years.

Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.

Worcestershire sauce is basically anchovy ketchup.

Back
Top Bottom