Bet you didn't know that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was info on a PBS show--the ears on our corn don't produce kernels that quickly. Corn needs a lot of fertilizer--we don't, so the corn we plant typically has 4" ears and spotty kernel production. I don't want to do the heavy fertilizing...

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between hybridization and genetic modification in corn? Just less time involved?

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between hybridization and genetic modification in corn? Just less time involved?

Hybridization is when two or more existing types of corn are bred together to make a third type. That third type is then a Hybrid of the other two.

Genetic Modification requires that the genes of a corn plant are modified via scientific procedures so that the resulting corn is a unique and different plant than any of the species that are used for it's base. The resulting corn is genetically modified.

Hybridization is when two or more existing types of corn are bred together to make a third type. That third type is then a Hybrid of the other two.

Genetic Modification requires that the genes of a corn plant are modified via scientific procedures so that the resulting corn is a unique and different plant than any of the species that are used for it's base. The resulting corn is genetically modified.

Thanks, Tim. Wow. Frankencorn.

And to follow the current remarks, I guess everyone knows that nowadays they use corn to make gas.

While on the subject of gas, my sister works for the gas company. They explained to a recently immigrated employee, that while it is true that "... the company passes gas ...", it wasn't the optimal way of expressing it. :LOL:

I finished typing the above and posted it. I looked at my monitor and saw:

33814-albums291-picture4465.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Okay, I'm childish. I'll admit it. I'm also Teutonic.

Last edited:
While on the subject of gas, my sister works for the gas company. They explained to a recently immigrated employee, that while it is true that "... the company passes gas ...", it wasn't the optimal way of expressing it. :LOL:

Nope, not the same at all like "cutting the cheese."

taxlady said:

I finished typing the above and posted it. I looked at my monitor and saw:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Okay, I'm childish. I'll admit it. I'm also Teutonic.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dawgluver said:
Actually, they don't have buttocks, hence, there's nothing to flap and make noise with! (I read this on PawNation). Bet you didn't know that.

I must have a very special dog then. Or...someone in the house who can throw sounds well. ;)

chopper said:
I must have a very special dog then. Or...someone in the house who can throw sounds well. ;)

I've heard dogs fart before too, not often. And not with reverberation. Cooper may have buttocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom