Canning meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suez

Assistant Cook
I am new to this forum and have a question. I canned pork loin this week and didn't realize until the next morning that one of my jars did not seal. It was left cooling on the kitchen counter overnight. Does anyone think it is safe to eat? I immediately put the jar in the fridge, but it was left out for 12 plus hours opinions please, my husband says it thinks it's ok and I am not so sure. Thanks Susie

Ditto jennyema... To make it safe you would have to boil it to death and be tasteless. Not worth the effort.

You have the other cans, so not a total loss.

Mark it down to "lesson learned" and chuck it in the garbage.

How was the meat cooked? That is what I'd ask first. And then most likely you are absolutely fine. I would not recommend leaving for the winter or anything like that. But i bet it is safe to eat now.

It was fully canned, I just forgot to check the seals on each jar. When I started to remove the rings the next morning, I discovered the lid on 1 jar was loose. I got the pork loin for $2.02 cents per pound so it isn't worth talking a chance on getting sick for 2 dollars as it was a pint jar. Thanks for all the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom