Chef Jean Pierre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not my style per se but he's the real deal and has a lot to offer.
I follow him on YouTube. He really does seem legit. I haven't made anything from him yet. He may not be my style either. But, I am definitely learning stuff from him and he's charming and entertaining.

Ethan is more my style of chef. He goes into the complexity of cooking a little more than the average chef, but that's what I like. Here he talks to the home cook about cooking steaks.

yep, like taxy - I can guarantee the fire trucks would be here - if only to help clear the smoke from the house from anything done at 500!

oops, didn't even see "ir" eyes glazed right over it. And it's strange as I just dug out my sons' to use with the induction burner - which is the death of many of my meals.

You guys now make me want to use my ir thermometer to check cast iron skillet temperature when I next cook a steak :)
Your cast iron skillet is undoubtedly much cleaner than my oven. It's gunk in the oven that is likely to start giving off smoke.

Yep
I meant infrared thermometer :)

Unfortunately mine needs fixing. I bought and used mine mainly to find out stone temperature in my ooni pizza oven
Still curiousto check on that cast iron skillet

I still have gingerbread stuff all over my work area, need to finish that up and get around to testing and using the little induction horror.

A friend gifted me this chunk of Wagu and I didn't want to mess it up, so I first replaced a suspect thermometer! I salted the steak and let it sit on the counter for an hour before I brought the cast iron up to 500 (IR), seared each side for a couple of minutes in duck fat (no smoke), and seared the edges before checking the internal temp. It still needed about 20 degrees so, I took it off the heat and let it sit in the hot pan, turning once, unit it came up to 125-ish. It then went directly to a cold steel plate for about 10 minutes before I devoured it.
ADCreHdsQCIlBlq8fJSBeeK0NPKIqOUDgb3mKuO8L33E2IE6JbegkNhEn8eUgMAq__h2tYAIAy7CKp7ay_odGAxyu7UzTeQogN8wcm71ynP-lRqOv7ODoeYp1hffUFEVDWe4NlHWu-uwnygP4K82HXRrOpLUnQ=w945-h946-s-no

A friend gifted me this chunk of Wagu and I didn't want to mess it up, so I first replaced a suspect thermometer! I salted the steak and let it sit on the counter for an hour before I brought the cast iron up to 500 (IR), seared each side for a couple of minutes in duck fat (no smoke), and seared the edges before checking the internal temp. It still needed about 20 degrees so, I took it off the heat and let it sit in the hot pan, turning once, unit it came up to 125-ish. It then went directly to a cold steel plate for about 10 minutes before I devoured it.
Is that an American wagyu?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom