Chicken/Pork Wellington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I was just thinking (Oh No! Don't let him start thinking! No telling what crazy ideas he'll come up with next:ohmy:). We all know and love Beef Wellington, medium rare, tender beef, with duxelles on top, all wrapped in flaky puff pastry, and served with a rich gravy. I say, however, why stop with beef? Here's my idea.

stuffed Chicken Wellington: A boneless chicken breast, pounded flat to even thickness, seasoned with salt, pepper, and sage, then wrapped around a shredded pork, bread stuffing filling, with butter,. Secure this chicken roulade with toothpicks and brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and let cool. Wrap in puff pastry, brush with egg-wash, and bake at 350' F., to an internal temperature of 165. Remove from the oven and serve with chicken veloute, mashed sweet potatoes, and Caesar's Salad, or your favorite slw, and maybe some sweet corn on the cob..

Anyone else thinks this sounds really good, and somewhat elegant? Any other ideas for a Wellington?
Cordon Beau, or Chicken Kiev, but wrapped in puff pastry instead of breading it.

And Charlie D, omit the pork to make t Kosher.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I think I actually have some recipes similar to what you are suggestnig. I'll have to look for them.

None-the-less excellent ideas Chief!

There is a salmon wellington recipe that's all over the I internet right now. You mix spinach, cream cheese, parm, onions, etc, and put it in the pastry with the salmon. I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting.

This is not my picture but Laura Calder's Salmon en Croute. Can't find my own pic but I have made this several times. It is really scrumptious.

I also have another recipe for Salmon Wellington from Simply Home Cooked. That one is using your typical spinach, creme cheese mixture but they put it on the bottom with the salmon on top. - Always intended to try it.

Attachments

• en croute salmon, Laura Calder.jpg
    en croute salmon, Laura Calder.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 94
I love puff pastry. It is extremely versatile. You can wrap it or stuff it with anything/whatever you can imagine. Meat, fish, veggies, fruits, preserves. Anything goes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom