Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I told Kevin to tell him tomorrow that "Mom is strong..don't worry about her"....a little white lie won't hurt..will it?

I'm sure you don't feel it, but believe me, you are an amazingly strong woman.

I'll continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Marge, I think of you and your family every day, and when I turn my computer on, your thread is the first one I check to make sure everything is good with you and yours. I may not reply each day, but I do read all of your updates regarding John. You started this thread in February I think, and have continued on keeping us, your other family, posted about everything. All my best to John, Sandie, and the kids, as well as the rest of your family. Keep the faith!

As others have said, you ARE strong, Marge. You are in a place that prevents you from seeing that. Buck and I have had all of you ever in our thoughts and prayers and will continue. Lean hard on all of us here. Our web of love and strength is here for you.

Hello Marge, I've not been around for a few months but have often had you on my mind during that time. When I came back to DC a few days ago, yours was the first thread I read. It's taken me a while to respond because I was so sorry to read your news. But I wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts, just as you must be in those of lots of people here.

My DIL just called...John is in the ER now. He will most likely be admitted.
My sis is flying out from Indiana Sunday night for a week. she is the one that is a Hospice Chaplin.
Hospice was out last Tuesday. We all sat in on the meeting. He chose not to go Hospice just yet. when she said "end of life"...his tears started flowing..first time I've known him to cry since he was very small. Broke my heart.
Marge

As a Priesthood holder in the L.D.S. Church, I asked my stepfather if he would allow me to give him a blessing. He agreed just a few days before he passed on. I was hoping to hear from spiritual revelation that he would be Ok. I layed my hands on his head and listend. What was revealed to me, I verbally passed on to him, and everyone else in the room. We were told that it was time for him to depart mortality and go home. I'm choking up from the memory of it as I type. I had to leave the room for several minutes to re-compose myself before I could continue the blessing. He was told that there would be family and freinds who had passed before, waiting to greet him, and that my Mother would be financially and mentally secure for the remainder of her life here (which at the time was expected to be many years).

I do know what you are going through. I have experienced the pain, and sorrow. I know what John is going through as well. I have seen it in those I loved. But I also know from my prayers, and from the answers to them, that there is a living God, and that life here is not meant to be permanent. Take comfort in that knowledge. Take comfort in the knowledge that you will be with your son, and the rest of your family, after a time, and that in that reunion, there will be joy that can not be experienced here.

My heart has been broken more than once. But it has always mended, and left me stronger from the experience.

This forum nows knows more about me than most of my freinds that I grew up with. You know the depth of my beliefs, my knowledge. I give you that gift because it can help you and John in this time. Rely on it, and on the answers you receive to your own prayers. And who knows, maybe it's not yet time for him to leave just yet. Miracles do happen.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

John had a very bad night so Sandie took him to the ER this morning. They wanted to admit him but he said no. He wanted to go home. He signed the No resentation papers..there is nothing more they can do except give blood and fluids. He told them he would come in each day like he has been doing and just give him enough meds to keep him comfortable. The hospital bed was ordered and Hospice was called.
Marge

{{{{{{{{Marge}}}}}}}}

Buck and I are next to all of you with our strength and prayers. Hold tight and lean on all of us here on DC. As long as there is life, there is hope. Send our love and prayers to John and Sandie. Buck and I will be on our knees tonight.

WE PRAY for JOHN and FAMILY

We pray for healing and we pray for spiritual peace. May John not suffer regardless of the course of his battle. Amen

Marge,
love,prayers, good thoughts, comfort anything to help ease you, is my wish for you. Bless you all, you are so loved.
cj

Marge: sending you all the prayers and encouragement that I can.

Lean on us as much as you need to.... We love you and are praying for a miracle.

Marge, I've been thinking of you daily. Thanks for sharing with us. You have a lot of love and support here. Keeping you in my prayers as well.

Marge,

Sending you love and prayers during this difficult time. Love to John and Sandie, and the whole family, too. We view life from the temporal perspective, God's looks at it from the eternal perspective. Take comfort in the fact that God still sits on His throne and is still in control. I will keep praying for all of you.

Marge, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I don't think you told any "little white lies" you have showbn over and over through this how strong you are. Lots of big {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} from my family to yours.

Karen

For John

I am new on the site and just saw your posting about your son. All I can say is how sorry I am that this has happened to him. Shingles is a bear and well avoided by taking the preventative shot if possible..so I hope you had yours. As for the leukemia it's possible to identify somewhat as my 31 year old stepson was diagnosed a couple weeks back with Hodgkins Lymphoma. He didn't feel sick and was always skinny so this just happened to be picked up when he went to the doc with a sore throat. How long he has had it we don't know but I do believe that him working two jobs and not bothering to eat especially on a weekend were contributing factors..at 6' 4" he weighs 140. Now he has to gain weight before they can begin chemo...he is in DC and we are in Olympia WA.
Like some others on the site hereI don't believe in God, so I cannot say I'll pray for you, at least not in the more recognized forms but will send healing and strengthening positives your way. Hang in there dear...there spirit and strength and community wishing you and yours well.

Oh Marge! I am so sorry, I've been away for a week and was shocked at the changes in John's health. We will continue to send thoughts and prayers your way! {{{{{{{{[[[[[HUGS!]]]]]}}}}}}}} for you and your entire family. I'm so glad your sister is coming out - while you are an amazingly strong woman she will give you a safe and comforting place to lean when you need it.

Today is Friday the 19th.
We are still on a day to day with John. He had blood, platelets and fluids yesterday. they did blood work today and he goes in Sunday for platelets again. He is hanging tough. or trying to.
Yesterday my sister ( the Hospice Chaplain) from Ind. Baptized him and gave Communion .Caroli goes home on monday. mary Ann hasn't decided when she will leave.
Marge [/B]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom