Cube Steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cube steak can be any of a number of different cuts. The cubing is a tenderizing process that allows you to cook it using faster cooking methods.

Cube steak can be about any cut but traditionally it was from the round steak.

It is a wonderful piece of meat fried, grilled or baked as in Salisbury steak.

One of my favorite dinners is fried Cubed steak, mashed potatoes and cubed steak gravy....Yummmmm....

Cube steak can be about any cut but traditionally it was from the round steak.

It is a wonderful piece of meat fried, grilled or baked as in Salisbury steak.

One of my favorite dinners is fried Cubed steak, mashed potatoes and cubed steak gravy....Yummmmm....

That's what's called chicken-fried steak here, Jeff. And, you're right, it's yummylicious!!!!!!

Sorry Katie. Posting at the same time. :)

Cubed steak is also good for Swiss steak.

Sear the cube steak in a saute pan then saute some onions and mushrooms. Add back the steak and a cup to a cup and a half of tomato juice (I prefer V-8) and simmer. Stir in a cup of sour cream and heat that through. Season with S&P. Serve with egg noodles.

That's what's called chicken-fried steak here, Jeff. And, you're right, it's yummylicious!!!!!!
Perhaps, although chicken fried steak I have seen has a much heavier coating on it.

I like just a light coating of flour with salt and pepper, then drop in a hot oiled skillet.

I also like to sear the cube steak(actually, I usually start with round steak and pound it out myself).

flour, and sear. Place in pot with potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, add water, about 1" on the bottom then pour a can of tomato soup over the top,cover and place in the oven and cook at 375.
Yummy...

I like to flour, sear and simmer with stewed tomatoes, some sliced green bell peppers, onion and garlic if you like garlic. The floured cube steaks make a nice gravy in the pan.

"Cubeing" is a process where a piece of meat is run through a "tenderizer" twice - after being run through once it is turned 90º and run through again - making a "cube" shaped cut in the meat.

The cuts that are normally "cubed" are tough cuts like chuck or round steak. They tend to be thin cuts.

Wow! Chicken fried steak, swiss steak, pepper steak ...

Last time Kim made country fried steak, he used top sirloin and pounded seasoned flour into it with a meat beater. Then he dipped it in beaten egg & milk, then back in the flour, and then slipped it into about 3/4 inch hot oil.

My recipe is on here somewhere in the beef forum, but I never have any luck with search.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom