Daylight Saving Time - Set your clocks forward.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be up all night setting the clocks on various systems in our building. I HATE the clock changes.

Although, I get paid for an hour that I'm not here. :)

Another one here that looks forward to 'springing ahead'! :) I love the longer days and find myself getting a little depressed in fall when DST ends. :(

I'm usually done with dinner and kitchen clean up by around 4 all year 'round, often earlier than that. I just kind of evolved into that schedule somehow, and find it works for me.

I'll be up all night setting the clocks on various systems in our building. I HATE the clock changes.

Although, I get paid for an hour that I'm not here. :)
That's so cool.
I'll meet you at 2:30 Am, don't be early, don't be late!!!

That's so cool.
I'll meet you at 2:30 Am, don't be early, don't be late!!!

C'mon over. I'll show you how to run a test show with commercials and all to test if everything is on time.

And no, you can't write "BLISS RULEZ!!" on the crawl that goes along the bottom of the screen like breaking news.

I've asked.

C'mon over. I'll show you how to run a test show with commercials and all to test if everything is on time.

And no, you can't write "BLISS RULEZ!!" on the crawl that goes along the bottom of the screen like breaking news.

I've asked.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

:cool: Can I write "Bliss Rulez at 2:30 AM"?
You've asked. :LOL:

Ok, well I'll ask again, lol.

But if it goes out on an antenna, sattelite, or streaming, I don't know you, and you work for NBC. (no one watches NBC anymore...)

Last edited:

I've asked.

Back in the 80s, I did some freelance work in TV. I was floor director for a "faith-based" TV show called The Herald of Truth for a half-dozen episodes. I was hired as a PA, but when they found out I minored in TV/Film in college, I got "promoted." :LOL:

As for DST... I LOVE IT!!!

I love having that extra daylight in the evening to work in my garden and cook outside. I have NO problem driving to work for a job in the morning.

Actually, as a car photographer, the longer evenings work to my favor. I don't have to set up a shot in the dark to be ready for the "magic" light, I can set up in daylight and kick back to wait for the "magic" light at sunset -- and it lasts longer, too.

Almost all of my clocks will set themselves. I'll have to set the ones on the kitchen appliances -- and on the Tag/Heuer watch I rarely wear.

CD

:LOL: you guys are funny!!

For us, we've only lived where DST is NOT observed :cool:
Sometimes that can be confusing, especially here
in the middle of the desert :ermm:
Easy one: it's always 3hours from here to Hawaii -- check
Now it gets dicey --- are we Mountain Time or Pacific Time?
Well, that depends.
As of later tonight, we'll be the same as Cali, where Mom is ,PST so ...
that's not exactly 'Spring forward' for us.
Then in the Fall we go back to being the same time as MST
:wacko:
We're AST
Got it? :ROFLMAO:

:LOL: you guys are funny!!

For us, we've only lived where DST is NOT observed :cool:
in the middle of the desert :ermm:
Easy one: it's always 3hours from here to Hawaii -- check
Now it gets dicey --- are we Mountain Time or Pacific Time?
Well, that depends.
As of later tonight, we'll be the same as Cali, where Mom is ,PST so ...
that's not exactly 'Spring forward' for us.
Then in the Fall we go back to being the same time as MST
:wacko:
We're AST
Got it? :ROFLMAO:

An "extra hour" of unbearable heat is probably not something most folks in Arizona wish for. I hate going there in the summer, even if it is "dry heat," it's still way too hot.

The only good thing about Arizona in the summer is that the Spa Resorts are dirt cheap. When I have to go there for business in July, I get a room at a sweet resort for close to Motel6 prices, and get a $50 full-hour Swedish massage. I can tip 50-percent, get a bargain, and make a friend for life.

CD

An "extra hour" of unbearable heat is probably not something most folks in Arizona wish for. I hate going there in the summer, even if it is "dry heat," it's still way too hot.

The only good thing about Arizona in the summer is that the Spa Resorts are dirt cheap. When I have to go there for business in July, I get a room at a sweet resort for close to Motel6 prices, and get a $50 full-hour Swedish massage. I can tip 50-percent, get a bargain, and make a friend for life.

CD

HA!
That is very true Casey, but there is a good thing about AZ in the Summer ...
Northern Arizona
where everyone flocks, well if you live in Phoenix anyways.
In the Winter we have the Snowbirds from the Nether-regions
and then in the Summer it's the Valley-folk to cool off.
You couldn't PAY ME to live in the greater Phoenix area, UGH!!!
But we have done the same thing, by that I mean, gone to the resorts in "Snottsdale" for a song and enjoyed the lovely facilities they have to offer.
We don't got them sorts'a things `round here in Cowboyville :LOL:

I was indifferent to DST when we lived in OH. It was nice to have sunset about 9:05 PM, but with lingering dusk it would still be bright-ish until nearly 10:00 PM. Then we moved to MA. The early sunset (just before 8:30 PM) was annoying, but it was that "what the heck time IS it?" sunrise those first five Aprils that was a real eye-opener. Sunrise at 5:30 AM? :ermm: Dawn breaking before 4:00 AM?? :ohmy: I know why some people up this way think that basically moving New England into the Atlantic time zone would be a good idea, but the continental U.S. doesn't need a fifth time zone. :wacko:

...For us, we've only lived where DST is NOT observed :cool:
in the middle of the desert :ermm:...
If you lived on an Indian Reservation, you would have DST. Whenever we were in AZ, that fact always amused me. Doesn't take much. :LOL: I'll be glad when spring training is over and real baseball games start. The games start at 4:05 PM as I listen to them in the eastern time zone starting tomorrow. Breaks up the day even worse than the 3:05 PM games before DST starts for me.

Kaneohegirlinaz;1542888...there [U said:
is a good thing[/U] about AZ in the Summer ...
Northern Arizona
where everyone flocks, well if you live in Phoenix anyways...
When Goober and I were doing the college visit thing at ASU, the desk clerk in our hotel said that the only reason Flagstaff existed was so that Phoenix people had someplace cool to visit in the hot weather. ;)

When is congress gonna repeal the date at which DST starts? The earlier start date was enacted to presumably save energy. I read studies done since the new start date that shows no energy savings. So why didn't they scrap the new start date? I thought it was supposed to be a 3 year experiment with evaluations afterwards. It might be because we're dealing with politicians?

Last edited:
If you lived on an Indian Reservation, you would have DST.

The Navajo Nation follows DST, but not the others in AZ.

When Goober and I were doing the college visit thing at ASU, the desk clerk in our hotel said that the only reason Flagstaff existed was so that Phoenix people had someplace cool to visit in the hot weather. ;)

EXACTLY!
And then reverse that in the Winter when you'll see license plates on cars from the Northern States, Illinois, Michigan, even Alaska!

If the bill passes and is signed by the gov, this will be the last time Florida will spring ahead.

I personally don't care one way or the other - I just wish we all did the same time. I'ts hard enough with time zones without actually changing the time twice a year in various places!

Back
Top Bottom