Dinner Friday 8th of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kylie - help me out on the fried rice. Mine always ends up like a homemade glue. Did you do the rice in a cooker first?

GA, we use the absorption method on the stovetop to cook the rice and it turns out soft, light and fluffy, not sticky at all :)

So for example 1 cup of long grain rice in the saucepan, then add 1 1/2 cups of water too, bring to a boil and then simmer for 12 to 14 minutes :)

Thank you so much LS :)

Oh my Goodness! That looks so Yummy!

P1010036.JPG

Heading out tonight for some beer and wings to celebrate a job offer, which I probably won't accept.:LOL:

Thanks Rock, it was a bit of work in the kitchen but it turned out well :)

What is the job offer Rock...and why wouldnt you accept...it is something you couldnt see yourself doing or enjoying?

Thanks Rock, it was a bit of work in the kitchen but it turned out well :)

What is the job offer Rock...and why wouldnt you accept...it is something you couldnt see yourself doing or enjoying?
Well, it is back in a restaurant kitchen. I have a couple of other interviews next week and my old seasonal job I can go back to, so I am going to hold off until my options run out. I have to avoid answering this guy for a few more days.:LOL:

Well, it is back in a restaurant kitchen. I have a couple of other interviews next week and my old seasonal job I can go back to, so I am going to hold off until my options run out. I have to avoid answering this guy for a few more days.:LOL:

Okay, sounds like you have a few things lined up there :)

You dont like the idea of working in a restaurant kitchen?

Wow, and I can see why ;)

Which restaurants did you own Rock? What cuisines?
The first one was back in the 80"s with my first wife. We moved to live with her parents in Italy. We leased the downstairs of the hotel they owned and managed the bar and restaurant. For the first while I couldn't speak Italian well enough so I worked in the kitchen. As I became more fluent I moved out and became the barrista for the most part, but ended up doing everything, for about 2 1/2 years.
The second one was here in rural Canada, it was a family style restaurant with local/regional cuisine. 13 years. Pizza, burgers, breakfasts, sandwiches, deep fryer stuff..I initially tried to offer Italian and other European style meals but the market demanded meat and taters......so, when in Canada....:LOL:

That all sounds great and also that you now probably speak fluent Italian, good stuff!

It is a pity that the family styl restaurant didn't take to the other cuisines, I know I would have loved them :)

I can totally understand you wanting a change, maybe a rockstar ;)

I do wish you the best of luck though in any venture :)

ROFL :ROFLMAO:

Here I am Snip :)

Tonight we made fried rice and a sweet and sour chicken, both very tasty :yum:

P1010036.JPG

kylie, your meals always have special eye appeal, with veggies so beautifully vibrant and fresh. i don't know how you manage, day after day, in the middle of a lengthy, energy-sapping heat wave, continuing to deliver such lovely dishes.:)

and i agree with roch, msm's buns are a truly magnificent sight!:)

Last edited:
kylie, your meals always have special eye appeal, with veggies so beautifully vibrant and fresh. i don't know how you manage, day after day, in the middle of a lengthy, energy-sapping heat wave, continuing to deliver such lovely dishes.:)

Thank you so much V, that is so lovely of you to say :)

Steve wanted me to let you know that he was cooking it with me :LOL:

It does help with air conditioning but yes, takes a toll on you during the heatwaves

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom