Dinner Thread for Thursday 8/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Quickie Ham & Cabbage , Baked Smashed Sweet Potato, Corn soon to be Off the Cob.....

Ham & Cabbage 8-19-21.jpg

I found some frozen Charlevoix pork sausages (aka hot dogs) that had been frozen. I thought I should make ABTs with them. So, tonight, I did. They were perfect. I served them with some pasta salad I made earlier this week. Stirling made Margaritas to go with them. Oh yeah, that was yummers. I may be a bit silly. ;)

ABTs and pasta , Linda;s plate.jpg

Attachments

• ABTs and pasta , Linda;s plate.jpg
    ABTs and pasta , Linda;s plate.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
Road Food!

road food.jpg

Our first day on the road, I always bring breakfast and lunch fixins
and something for our first if not second night on the road.
This makes a long days drive much more tolerable.
We usually stop within 7-8 hour days of driving,
rest and then have a hot meal in our hotel room.
Tonight was no exception, I had grilled Teriyaki Chicken
last night to bring along, and some of my Quick Cucumber
Kim Chee (or Kimchi, whatever) and the very present steamed
White Rice topped with Shoyu and Furikake.
I have supermarket cookies for dessert (and maybe some
ice cream from the hotels "market", ssshhhh :LOL:)

We had to drop Himself's car off for an oil change and such...and since I was driving the return vehicle, I took us by (out-of-the)-way of Chick-fil-A. Himself drove us home from there...by way of Trader Joe's.

I had the very last of the leftovers from lunch Wednesday, Mom had her usual grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with strawberries.

Yesterday I made a gumbo style dish in the Instant Pot, using up the okra I had, and got all the overgrown green (and purple) beans, that had been getting the beans in the pods too early (I think the heat has done this), and I cooked them to death, with the okra! I also used all my tomatoes that had bad spots - cleaned them up, and blended them, for some of the liquid. And the starch in it was 1 1/2 c of oat groats, instead of white rice. I used a lb of the hot Italian sausage I got a deal on at Aldi's, but added spices to it, to make it more like Andouille, including some chipotle, for some smokiness. After cooking the onion, diced peppers, garlic, some tomato paste, and the spices in sauté mode, I added the other ingredients, and cooked it on slow cook/high for about 2 1/2 hrs, while I was in the garden. Sausage I cooked separately (so it wasn't really a one pot meal), and added for the last 30 minutes. Turned out great!
Gumbo style dish, using up okra, and overgrown green beans, with oat groats, instead of rice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom