Dinner Thursday 14th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried an oddball dish for supper tonight. I got the recipe at my Danish cooking site: Pasta og plser i fad med billede Alletiders Kogebog. It's pasta with sausage (I used organic, smoked, pork sausage, which is really yummy), corn, leek, cream, and grated cheese. Had an oops - I cut the recipe in half and forgot to cut the cream and milk in half. It was pretty good, but not good enough to go on "the rotation" very often.

20130314_192609.jpg
That looks pretty good. We've been eating a lot of all-in-one dishes lately.

Tonight we had Chicken Cacciatore.

That looks lovely Taxy, but my Google translate did not come up when I clicked on the recipe link :LOL:

Thanks Taxy, I have just looked up Google translate and converted it from Danish to English...it looks pretty easy and sounds and certainly looks very tasty :)

I am glad that you let us know it was Danish as I had no idea what that language was LOL!!

Pasta and Sausage

Pasta cooked as directed on the bag and pour into an ovenproof dish.
Clean the leeks, cut them into slices and give them a light boil.

Come leeks in the dish with pasta and corn. Cut the sausages into small pieces and mix them in the dish.
Season with salt and pepper and pour the cream and milk over kryder with salt and pepper. Put the grated cheese at the end.

Put it in a 200 degrees C. Normal. oven for approx. 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice light brown.

Serve with bread.

Last edited:
Thanks Taxy, I have just looked up Google translate and converted it from Danish to English...it looks pretty easy and sounds and certainly looks very tasty :)

I am glad that you let us know it was Danish as I had no idea what that language was LOL!!

Pasta and Sausage

Pasta cooked as directed on the bag and pour into an ovenproof dish.
Clean the leeks, cut them into slices and give them a light boil.

Come leeks in the dish with pasta and corn. Cut the sausages into small pieces and mix them in the dish.
Season with salt and pepper and pour the cream and milk over kryder with salt and pepper. Put the grated cheese at the end.

Put it in a 200 degrees C. Normal. oven for approx. 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice light brown.

Serve with bread.
Hey, that translation wasn't even very weird. They are getting better. "kryder" means to season. The bread was translated from "flutes", which would be better translated as baguette.

Yes, it was very easy. It might be worth adding some herbs.

Corned beef (eyeround) on rye with self made honey mustard and Polish dill pickles. Serving size- 230g (8+ oz) of bread & 460g (16+ oz) of meat; 90ml (3 oz) of Bushmills and a 355ml bottle of Sam Adams' Irish Red.

I had Master Gardener class last night. They served a leek and potato soup and snacks like tortilla chips and salsa, fruit with a sweet dip, and spiced apple cake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom