Dinner Thursday 18th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we are making Chicken Stroganoff with lemon infused rice :chef:

I have never thought of Chicken Stroganoff. I've made it with beef and pork before, and a veggie version with mushrooms, but never tried it with chicken. I must give it a go! :yum:

The Tikka Masala came out pretty good, but for whatever reason, I forgot to buy basmati rice. So we ate it with Thai sweet rice. Not the same as basmati, but not bad.

img_1283185_0_c74ae3d784fdee2dcdcdc4289e3c47f9.jpg

Yep, that looks pretty good! Nice to see curries being enjoyed around the globe! :) (And a little "fusion" cooking there with the rice). (Basmati is best, but I have been known to use Long Grain in a pinch!)

Oh, but that looks yummy. Steve have you ever posted the recipe for this? I would love to have it.
Hi Linda, this is actually not my recipe. It's from Epicurious.

Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe at Epicurious.com

I made one tweak. Instead of 4 tsps turmeric, I used 1 tsp turmeric and a tablespoon of sweet paprika. Oh, and I also had a leftover baked potato and some peas in the fridge, so I added those (curry is a great way to use up leftovers). Other than that, I stuck pretty much to the recipe. It was really quite good.

Yep, that looks pretty good! Nice to see curries being enjoyed around the globe! :) (And a little "fusion" cooking there with the rice). (Basmati is best, but I have been known to use Long Grain in a pinch!)
We love curry. So much, in fact, that a couple of years ago I bought a book called "50 Great Curries of India" and made a different recipe from the book every Monday night for almost a year.

After that, I took a break for awhile because I was somewhat curried out. But now I've started enjoying them again.

Last edited:
I have never thought of Chicken Stroganoff. I've made it with beef and pork before, and a veggie version with mushrooms, but never tried it with chicken. I must give it a go! :yum:

It is really tasty, we actually prefer it with chicken than beef :)

I made one tweak. Instead of 4 tsps turmeric, I used 1 tsp turmeric and a tablespoon of sweet paprika. Oh, and I also had a leftover baked potato and some peas in the fridge, so I added those (curry is a great way to use up leftovers). Other than that, I stuck pretty much to the recipe. It was really quite good.

Thanks for sharing the recipe, we will be trying this one :)

I'm being adventurous (unwillingly) with the Jambalaya. The recipe calls for 3 cups long grain rice. I only had two cups left so I'm using Quinoa for the last cup. This should be interesting.

Hi Linda, this is actually not my recipe. It's from Epicurious.

Thanks Steve. It may not be your recipe, but you have tried it and it works. :)

Chicken with blueberries?? :huh:
:LOL: Separately.
I've used cherries in a chicken dish. Sauteed the chicken chunks in butter/oil combo, then made a thin white wine/mascarpone sauce and added halved bing cherries and a few almond slices. Sprinkled a little cinnamon and mixed into bowtie pasta and Himself actually liked it! Liked it enough that he said I could make it again. Hmm, cherries are on sale next week...

Used up some leftover Cuban style pork roast and had Cuban sandwiches.:yum:

Would you like the recipe we use Katy?

Back
Top Bottom