Dipping chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scj

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if anyond had a recipe for making a dipping chocolate. I want it to have similar properties as the kind that Smuckers makes called Hard Shell and the type that Dairy Queen uses to dip their ice cream cones. I would like it so that when you take something cold and dip it into the chocolate it hardens.

Or can you buy it anywhere in bulk?

Thanks.

scj said:
I was wondering if anyond had a recipe for making a dipping chocolate. I want it to have similar properties as the kind that Smuckers makes called Hard Shell and the type that Dairy Queen uses to dip their ice cream cones. I would like it so that when you take something cold and dip it into the chocolate it hardens.

Or can you buy it anywhere in bulk?

Thanks.

I asked the same question. You can buy it at your local store. It comes in a container where you can re-heat it in the microwave. It works great!

Step One:

Melt 12 ounces of chocolate chips with a tablespoon of shortening.

Step Two:

Dip stuff in it.

Thank you. I think with a little work even I might be able to handle that one.

Now to add another question to it. A lot of ice cream bars pretty much have a thinner coating of chocolate on them rather than a thicker one. What can be done to thin the mixture out a little bit so the coating is more on the thin side? Add a little milk maybe?

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom