Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am starving for french toast with hot strawberries and whipped cream. plus really crisp bacon.
sigh; too bad our cafe is fake.:ermm:

Hey all, sorry I disappeared the other day. I just took that coffee and RAN. OK, I got frozen to death on Friday night, sunburned my nose and chest on Saturday and on Sunday, settled in to a nice tan. Geez. Welcome to Alberta, you don't like the weather wait a minute!

*tying on apron*

OK, for lunch today I am thinking we should break in that pizza oven in the grotto since Sushi was talking about it. Lets start with a nice pomodoro, and then bacon and mushroom, and maybe a nice Hawaiian or two. Any requests?

*starts kneading dough and singing Thats Amore*

Sounds fantastic. How about a veggie pizza with artichoke hearts, olives, fresh tomatoes (seeded), green peppers, onions, tons of mushrooms, and three kinds of cheese?

Oooooooooo thier! My mouth is watering! *oiling the pizza stone, spreading the dough and sauce*

What kinds of cheese you want on that one!

Fresh mozzarella, a bit of cheddar, and grated Romano, please.

But don't oil your stone! Just use cornmeal. You don't want your stone to get rancid. :ermm:

STill a new stone. I'm seasoning it a bit yet. I actually do the cornmeal too.

Sounds like a fabulous combo.

Taking a coffee break...Tall nonfat white choc mocha, orange currant scone, and Nathan Milstein on the 'phones playing Bach. Life is good. :cool:

Mmmmm. I am going for lunch. Chat with y'all later. Pizza dough in fridge and all the fixings are there too. Ciao!

hi guys!
wanted to check up on the cafe and see how things were - it's good to see it's slow, since today is a busy day for me!

<<grabbing a to-go mug of hot coffee and a bagel with cream cheese>>
se ya soon!

Pizza dough in fridge and all the fixings are there too. Ciao!

OK! Getting pizza dough and rolling. Its sushi pizza time! :chef: Alright, here we GO! As the sauce Im putting on a glazed terriaki sauce. Im mixing together mozzarella, rice vinegar and a tad bit of sugar. I'll put chopped sea weed over the sauce. I'll also put some avacado and sushi grade salmon and tuna slices on top of that. THEEEEN here comes the cheese mixture. After that its a mix of a sauce. Sesame oil & seeds and a bit of wasabi mixed a lightly coated on the cheese. Finally I have sliced and diced cucumber (without the seeds) and topped it all!!! :rolleyes:

Its going into the oven until the cheese melts but doesnt brown.

Tell what you guys think! Its called Italian Sushi Fusion. :mrgreen: :chef:

sounds bizarre, but oddly interesting...

why don't you write it on the "specials" board and see if you can get some takers?
I would try it, but you guys all know I'm a "no seafood kinda gal"

I'm having some coffee and a frozen old fashioned doughnut. Anyone want some?

Me, please. I'm the mom who put the kids' Easter candy in the freezer so they wouldn't eat it all at once, then couldn't help myself and gradually ate it...frozen. (Well, the kids did get some, but...) :pig: :ermm:

Vanilla Nut Coffee and the doughnut is the Old Fashioned kind - Buttermilk round is another word for it. I love 'em frozen!
Anyway, here ya go - have a try - they're good, but addicting!

How's the pizza coming, Sush?

Back
Top Bottom