Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The overhead view is of me in a maze
And you see what I'm hunting a few steps away
And I take a wrong turn and I'm on the wrong path
And the people all watching enjoy a good laugh

Embarrassed with failure, I try to reverse
The course that my tread had already traversed
So doing the trauma engulfing my dream
Invaded through what was an unguarded seam
The torrent of helplessness swept me away
To the cavern of shame and the hall of dismay
Inside me a voice was repeating this phrase:
"You've lost it, you'll never get out of this maze"

I just thought I would sing a jaunty tune. I like the dark, it's like camping:)

Is there a generator out back we could turn on, I hope it isn't too close to the wood shed!

Don't worry about the electricity!

How about a warm round of Kum Ba Ya? (sp) That always makes me feel warm and cozy when the lights go out or I'm camping.

But the 2nd choice is by Queen:

Buddy you're a boy make a big noise
Playin in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo face
You big disgrace
Kickin your can all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shoutin in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo face
You big disgrace
Wavin your banner all over the place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy youre an old man poor man
Pleadin with your eyes gonna make you some peace some day

You got mud on your face
You big disgrace
Somebody better put you back in your place

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Now if i keep following that singing......now straight ahead...maybe turn left here...ummmmm nope...back up ....turn right ...maybe if i start whistling someone might here me..:whistling

I hear whistling - way off in the distance, but can smell BBQ chicken :chicken: !! It smells sooooooo good, following the smell. :whistling:whistling:whistling! Hope we all can get together real soon !!

:chicken: Chicken? who is cooking chicken way out here? getting a little scared :ohmy: i keep hearing someone behind me...but i can't see anything ....jsut have to follow the smell...just have to start walking a little faster

:cool: I been traveling to the northwest with Bear. When he woke, I had a real nice meal waiting for him. It was honey and salmon. He usually wants to go on a rampage exercise campaign but we had too much packing. You know how picky the airline service is nowadays. Robo Maid helped him check out of the B&B. He was only four towels short and she let him off with a light warning.
I wonder what everybody has been doing while I was away. The floors have not been cleaned and they are covered with a lot of crumbs and sticky gunk. I wonder if anybody remembered to set the lighting timer to daylight savings time. You just press this green button next to Sushi's office and presto...the lights work again.
I wonder why there is a tent in the pine tree maze. Probably belongs to the person who left behind the ukulele. Smells like a street vinyard bbq garden.
Everybody's asleep. Look at all the wake up call request! Have my piggies wake me up at 6:00. Have my kitty wake me at 8:30. Have the bluejays fly past my window at 9:15 sharp. And babyhuggies wants somebody to ring the guest bell for her at 10:00.
I'm going to my cave room even though it won't be the same without Bear. I should have got his e-mail address. Oh well, he has mine.
I'm going to stop at the kitchen and get a sandwich. Wow, I wonder what all that cake and ice cream is about. I'll leave it be for now but if it's still there tomorrow......

Just finished cleaning up this place, what a mess :ohmy:, must have been when the lights were out for so long. Glad everyone made it back ! Lol, Babyhuggies is still whistling - in her sleep!!! Coffee is on and I just made a big pitcher of GREEN Screwdrivers ! Bacon and sausage is slowly frying in the pan, hasbrowns in another. Waiting for everyone to mosey on down, eggs are ready to be cooked ! Pancake batter waiting too, w/ hot maple syrup. Daily papers were brought in for all, and fire in the fireplace a glowin'!! Yawnnnnnnn, got up too early !!

Good morning! and Happy ST. Patrick's day...
coffee tastes great.
Don't remember much about last night~like how we all met up and got back here.:lucky: Luck of the irish i guess---hehehe
I'll start the eggs and pancakes as everyone makes their way downstairs...

Hi Everybody! Here's a bowl of green sherbet leprechaun punch. The Irish Shangralah Festival will start soon. I hope you have your green tapping boots ready. The Irish Races will start out on the greens in ten minutes.
Who's minding the corned beef smoker? Here's some bundles of wrapped cabbages that need to be added.
Somebody requested a pitcher of kiwi lime smoothies. I think it is for a party of six.
St. Patrick will arrive at 5:00 Irish Time and give out his coins. (I wish someone would enlighten him about Irish Green Backs...LOL)
I hope there is enough green tint in the ice maker to last all day.
Where are the wind flags for the Irish Dancers?

Now that the celebrations are over, everything is quite at the B&B. We have a big stack of mail that isn't sorted yet and some parcels as well. I could use some help. Somebody put steaks on the grill that's a good sign that I should add one more. Steaks require music. I'll just turn on the juke box and auto select.
Now for the mail: Piglet's Newsletter, Woodshed Architecture, Lyrics to Tunes I Don't Remember, Casa Blanca Movie offer, Forestry and Pine Tree Maze Advance Technology, How To Have A Great Party When The Boss Is Not Looking, Vine Ripe Spuds Let's You Eat For Less, Sushi Habitat For Hungermania, and here is my $ check from the Tequila Bar Federation.
:huh: All the steaks are gone but mine!

Someone ate my steak :(, smells like cigars in here ! Hmmm? So when are we planning the next big get together? Miss having everyone here - Pook has been gone too long - miss her cats running around. Just made a big pot of coffee,cinnamon rolls are in the oven. Beautiful here today, warm blue skies, warm breeze and 75' !!

I am glad to see that you got your computer jump-started Pook. Does not take you guys long to screw-up Robo Maid. Here's the How To Robo Maid Manual.

We have had hundreds of guest who stayed in room 506 so you had better do a towel check.

Do you mind making some sourdough bread? I'm sure Barb L. will be along to make some strawberry preserves.

I'm having chocolate turtles and a vanilla shake for lunch. If you don't want any, there is some pecan pie next to the black forest cake.

I held a seminar in spiritual meditation and it seems that your cats are in a sleep trance. Better get them to the next class and I will try to wake them up.

StirBlue ... can you put kids in a sleeping trance so i can get work done 'round here? With all the whining and diapers, I need help!! hehehee ...

Omg ! :ohmy: All these dessert- dang, I don't know where to start ! Made the Strawberry jam sat the case in the pantry! Isn't it great having Pook back and her feisty felines ! We'll have to plan a Party, she can play her guitar, hear her cats sing along !! It'll be a hoot !!

mraa said:
StirBlue ... can you put kids in a sleeping trance so i can get work done 'round here? With all the whining and diapers, I need help!! hehehee ...

Your kids are so beautiful ! Are you sure that you want to swap them for a broom & mop? Dust rag & swifter? Rare steak & undercooked potato?

Barb L. said:
Omg ! :ohmy: All these dessert- dang, I don't know where to start ! Made the Strawberry jam sat the case in the pantry! Isn't it great having Pook back and her feisty felines ! We'll have to plan a Party, she can play her guitar, hear her cats sing along !! It'll be a hoot !!

Thanks for making a case of Strawberry Jam, Barb. Humm, a party at the B&B means fewer people and lotser animals.
The owners of the B&B haven't been around for ages. I wonder if we are getting new management? Probably some Rhino outfit from Oklahoma. I hear they are buying up B&B's and using them for weight-gain spas for the underweight neptriniaology disorder figuration. We have two rep's staying here. They are making an infomercial about kankel wader foundation and cream sparkle-spakel. Those are nose strengthener products for those with too much pulp. You want to go to their seminar later? We might get some free samples.

StirBlue said:
Your kids are so beautiful ! Are you sure that you want to swap them for a broom & mop? Dust rag & swifter? Rare steak & undercooked potato?

Hey, I'll give 'em to you for a week so I can get some housework done. Coffee, anyone?? I just bought some peppermint reddi-whip.

Ms. Barb ~ strawberry jam's the only jam I can make well. My Nannie, however ... wow, the lady can make some serious jams and jellies! She has a peach and pear orchard in her backyard. Anyone ever had homemade green pepper jelly?! Or prickly pear cactus jam? I'm sharing!!

All those jam and jellies sound so good, we'll have to have a tasting party, with different breads and biscuits ! Yum Ok Stir, I'll go to the seminar, you say Free ! But - my pulp is just fine !

Back
Top Bottom