Either you know it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on all cassettes, there's a small release tab that you press in which allows you to turn the spindle to wind the tape back in.

All my audio cassettes rewound just by sticking your finger on one of the spindles and turning it. I never noticed the tab, BT. I'm going to have to dig one out and look for it.

i think you're right. this old audio cassettes didn't have a locking mechanism.

Maybe that was on TV loops or something... big cassettes.

This question must be beyond semi-common knowledge. And it can't be Googled easily either. I looked :D
So in order to move the game along, along into a new generation :rolleyes:, You do it by holding the cartridge so the tape is hanging down, grabbing one side with your finger and thumb, and giving it a firm jerk down, leaving go. This gets this insides to moving and it rewinds itself. Not to mention getting your buddy to thinking you are totally screwing up his tape :ohmy:
It defies logic :LOL:

Somebody ax somethin'

Here goes. We call them Juneberries in the states, they make delicious pies and preserves. What do our neighbors up north call them?

Saskatoons

Do another one Dawgluver, I'm headed for work and won't be on again til tonight.

Last edited:
What is Xtabentum? (hint, think Yucatan area).

Last edited:
Nope. Has a bunch of stuff in it. You are on the right track, it is very drinkable. What's the key ingredient?

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Then this is a beverage that has a key ingredient you want us to guess. Tequila

You are correct, Andy, it is a beverage, but it is not tequila. It's a drink indigenous to the Yucatan, made of honey and herbs. Restaurant owners will send you a shot to show appreciation after you've eaten at their establishment.

You're next!

Last edited:
Why are these two emblems different? Which came first and why did it change.

Attachments

• rolls-royce.jpg
    rolls-royce.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 29
  • RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 107
red was the first logo for rolls royce. it changed to black in the mid-30's when the owner, royce, died.

when i was a kid i got to valet park a phantom and a few silver shadows. i remember the seat and the controls were really uncomfortable and awkward, and when i commented on it to some car people, they laughed and said if you owned one you didn't do the driving.

Last edited:
That's it, BT.

Actually, the majority of RR owners drive their own cars. I guess it's a case of affording a chauffeur OR a RR but not both.

That's some pretty nifty trivia to have stuck in the memory banks. I wonder if anyone else's logos have changed for similar reasons, or broken partnerships.

Yeah, I'm full of them.

Bringing one up that would work here is sometimes hard. Someone tells you you've given the right answer and now you have to think of trivia question. Quick! Think of something. No, not that, no one will know that but you. C'mon, cars, food, sports, THINK OF SOMETHING!

Yeah, I'm full of them.

Bringing one up that would work here is sometimes hard. Someone tells you you've given the right answer and now you have to think of trivia question. Quick! Think of something. No, not that, no one will know that but you. C'mon, cars, food, sports, THINK OF SOMETHING!

As long as it's not Scooby Doo! :LOL:

Here's a personal one for you, Andy. I just heard this yesterday.
Yesterday, Sept 23, 2011, was the ten year anniversary for what?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom