Favorite Movies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buonsera,

Some more of Margi´s Favorites ...

Australia: the photography, the storyline, the child´s uniquessness

Torn Apart: the storyline which is about a young Palestinian woman and an Israeli young man during conflicting tormenting times. Good foreign film ...

The Scent of A Woman: Pacino was outstanding ... and the Tango ...

The Godfather Series I, II, III: An all time favorite. I love Marlon & Pacino

Don Juan ( Casanova ? ): Marlon Brando, Johnny Depp and Faye Dunaway
Johnny Depp had done a wonderful job ...

Anthony Hopkins: The Letters ? This story is about a NYC Collector of antique books and she contacts a British Dealer ... They correspond for years ...

The Black Stallion ... stunning ...

The Black Swan: Natalie Portmann did a fine dramatic performance ... Very typical of those in the arts and their inter communication difficulties ...

The Adventures of Marco Polo: Gary Cooper and Basil Rathbone ... Excellent Venetian photography and fine role playing two historical figures in history.

Woody Allen´s latest film called Paris ... Great photography and cute romantic comedy ... We enjoyed ... Light with a few good laughs ...

The Ultimate Dance of Mao: An amazing Chinese male ballerina defects to the USA. Good film ...

J. Edgar Hoover: Leonardo was outstanding.

Margin Call: An interesting twist of corporate players, starring Jeremy Irons amongst other known talents.

Dr. Dolittle: I enjoy Ed Murphy and the extraordinaire relationship he has with his Animals ...

Dr. Zhivago: this is a classic ... I cried terribly the first time I had seen it many many decades ago ... Omar Sharif was brilliant ...

Bella Lugosi´s and Frank Langella´s versions of Dracula ...

There are numerous more on my list ... However, these have come to mind.

Have nice wkend.

Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
Buonsera,

Some more of Margi´s Favorites ...
Anthony Hopkins: The Letters ? This story is about a NYC Collector of antique books and she contacts a British Dealer ... They correspond for years ...
Ciao, Margi.

The movie was based on the book 84, Charing Cross Road, a 1970 book by Helene Hanf. I enjoyed that one also along with almost all of the other movies with Sir Anthony Hopkins!

So many great movies, why do they bother to make more! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Cerise--

I like Dances With Wolves--the music and the scenery are beautiful and I enjoyed the story, many times!

City of Angels--lovely story, it gave me lots to think about.

Film: 84 Charing Cross Road

Thanks to Aunt Bea,

I just had forgotten the title ... Last year we had so totally enjoyed the film, that the Vet had bought me the book as a little gift in 2011.

Wonderful film ...

Anthony Hopkins: speaking of his wonderful performances for many decades, he is going to be portraying Ernest Hemmingway ( I am a Hemmingway Aficionada = fan ) ...

It is in the works, covering the career and many lives who had touched his, and the loves and countries he had chosen to live in ... Spain, Cuba, France, Africa ... The Director is: Andy García ...

I had read about this in the El Pais Sunday News Magazine ... It shall be filmed here, in part ... He loved Navarra in the northeast.

Have nice evening, and
Grazie,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
I am also very fond of the films made by Merchant Ivory productions.

Remains of the day
Room with a view
Howards End
etc...

Anything with Maggie Smith and or Judi Dench.

The list goes on and on!

Aunt Bea,

Thank you for your note.

I had enjoyed Howard´s End too ...

Judi Dench was magnificant in Chocolate with Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp filmed in southern France ... Lovely film ... Touched on alot of chords; diabetics, abuse, commitment, love, hate, anger, beliefs and humor ... Fine film ...

Anthony Hopkins is a wonderful actor ...

Have lovely evening,
Margi.

Elizabeth (loved Cate Blanchett in this)

How can you not like the next three!

The Color Purple
Dances with Wolves
Shawshank Redemption

The Outsiders (grew up with this one and what can I say, I had the hots for Matt Dillon :angel:)

Breakfast Club (makes me smile)

The Wedding Singer (makes me laugh!)

and most recently added that my child and I both adore...

The Lorax
Rio

I have never seen Gone with the Wind.... :ermm:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom