Florio Dry Marsala Yellow or White label

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkeye

Assistant Cook
I Have made Chicken Marsala a few times in the past using the yellow label bottles. I ordered some for delivery and received the white label bottles. Now I don't know of any difference but a commenter on the site i ordered from stated the following.

"The vintage with the yellow label and gold & red family crest is excellent. The vintage with the white label tastes just ok, watered down in comparison."

You can see the label differences here

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/dess...lorio-dry-marsala/p/460750?s=217&igrules=true

I assume I wont note any difference using it for making Marsala. I am not planning on drinking it.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Welcome to DC.

I have no opinion/ nor knowledge about marsala or any other wine. I'd find out why they substituted the white label instead of the yellow as ordered.

Maybe they will send a replacement bottle, hint-hint.

Welcome to DC.

I have no opinion/ nor knowledge about marsala or any other wine. I'd find out why they substituted the white label instead of the yellow as ordered.

Maybe they will send a replacement bottle, hint-hint.

I left them a comment in their follow up email survey. I got a call five minutes later and was told it was the same item simply different label. They stated all their stock was white label.

Back
Top Bottom