Food Processor - I need good opinions/advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm such a pushover for new toys, you'll have to post pics!

(And no, I had to tell myself I DO NOT need another FP!) I will have to live vicariously through yours!
If I don't remember to take pix, remind me.

I have two food processors that still work. But, they are both old. One is from the '70s and the other one is from the late '80s or very early '90s. It's a Braun and the only thing iffy about it is the spindle. It's plastic, and starting to break. It was quite expensive when it was new. The main problem with these two is that the larger one, the Braun, only has a 1 litre capacity. I can't really see using that for bread dough.

I ordered it! Yay!
Well that was quick. I ordered it Tuesday, just before 18h00 and it arrived today! They said that it usually ships within 4 biz days, so I was just going to have a look at the tracking today.

I have played with attaching the bowls, blades, and discs. I haven't watched the DVD yet - it's 1 hour and 15 minutes long!

Doing a happy dance.
hapydancsmil.gif

Question for Steve and anyone else who has this three bowl (14 cup, 11 cup, and 4.5 cup) food processor. Is it right that the measurements on the big bowl only go up to 12 cups? When they say 14 cups, are they talking about the volume it will hold?

Question for Steve and anyone else who has this three bowl (14 cup, 11 cup, and 4.5 cup) food processor. Is it right that the measurements on the big bowl only go up to 12 cups? When they say 14 cups, are they talking about the volume it will hold?
That's correct. The total volume of the bowls is 4.5, 11, and 14 cups, but the max fill line is set at 3, 8, and 12 cups, respectively. And if what you are working with is liquid only, it's a little less. For the largest bowl, I think they recommend 10. If you fill it past that level and run it, you will see why.

Last edited:
That's correct. The total volume of the bowls is 4.5, 11, and 14 cups, but the max fill line is set at 3, 8, and 12 cups, respectively. And if what you are working with is liquid only, it's a little less. For the largest bowl, I think they recommend 10. If you fill it past that level and run it, you will see why.
Actually, it says max fill line at the 10 cup mark. Phew, I was wondering if they had sent me the wrong one.

BTW, our old Braun had a max fill line about half way up, at 1 litre.

Actually, it says max fill line at the 10 cup mark. Phew, I was wondering if they had sent me the wrong one.

BTW, our old Braun had a max fill line about half way up, at 1 litre.

So, where are the pics of the new family member?

The new monster

Okay, here's pix of the new FP:

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

It took us a while to figure out how to get to the accessories one level down. We could see there was stuff, but couldn't figure out how to get the top level off. D'oh! There's a drawer.

Okay, here's pix of the new FP:

It took us a while to figure out how to get to the accessories one level down. We could see there was stuff, but couldn't figure out how to get the top level off. D'oh! There's a drawer.

OMG. It's gorgeous, Taxy! I'm so envious!

Must...resist.....

Hooray for you, taxlady! I looooooove mine. I see you selected the black one. Mine is the die cast version.

I just used mine this morning to make pie crust...in a flash! Yeah!

You're going to have a ball with it.

Hooray for you, taxlady! I looooooove mine. I see you selected the black one. Mine is the die cast version.

I just used mine this morning to make pie crust...in a flash! Yeah!

You're going to have a ball with it.
The black one was $30 less than white or die cast. I should go wash all those parts, so I can start using it.

My favorite part of this model is the utility box that holds all the blades and accessories. What a great idea! I wish more appliances would include something like that.

By contrast, I recently shelled out $600 for a new fancy espresso machine. You'd think for that kind of money, it would not only be made of gold (Nope. Most of it is made of plastic) but would include a place to store accessories. No such luck. I had to buy my own container.

Last edited:
My favorite part of this model is the utility box that holds all the blades and accessories. What a great idea! I wish more appliances would include something like that.

By contrast, I recently shelled out $600 for a new fancy espresso machine. You'd think for that kind of money, it would not only be made of gold (Nope. Most of it is made of plastic) but would include a place to store accessories. No such luck. I had to buy my own container.
Yup, that accessory box is cool. I like that it "locks". I can move it without have the top fly open or the drawer fall out.

My, fairly expensive, espresso machine didn't come with an accessory box either. On the other hand, there is enough space on top of it to store everything there. Not as many accessories as the FP.

Beauty new rig you got there. Did you order it from Amazon.ca?
Nope, I did check it out at Amazon.ca.

I got it at Shop.ca. They are currently giving $25 as a sign up promotion and PayPal is doing a $25 bonus for a $75 or more purchase, so even though it was $10 more at Shop.ca, It worked out cheaper. Free shipping from both Amazon.ca and Shop.ca, but Shop.ca pays the return postage if you have to return it. (except remote areas)

If you or any of the other Canadians want to sign up for Shop.ca, I get a $25 bonus if you use my URL: http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=Zwd0XmAEZA2

I'm pretty sure you still get your $25 sign up bonus.

I have now used the new FP twice. Once to puree some berries and mix them with the gelatin for a mousse. Second time was to make pie dough for the apple pie we had for supper tonight. Worked a charm. I love the blade lock, so you can pour stuff out without the blade falling out. I also like the solid way it works. Not too loud and no shaking.

I watched the video. I don't think I'll be doing mashed potatoes the way they showed. First their chef shredded the cooked potatoes, then she put the shredded, boiled potatoes in the bigger bowl and used the FP to mix the potatoes with the milk and butter. What a lot of effort, especially when you consider the clean up. And the potatoes looked a bit gloopy, like they were over blended. :LOL:

Yeah, when you have gloopy potatoes and add gravy, you end up with brown potato soup. I am one of those folks who likes a few small lumps in my potatoes. It add character to them and I know they are not from a box. :angel:

Yeah, when you have gloopy potatoes and add gravy, you end up with brown potato soup. I am one of those folks who likes a few small lumps in my potatoes. It add character to them and I know they are not from a box. :angel:
These weren't too thin. They were a bit stretchy, as though they had developed gluten. I made mashed potatoes in a blender, once. I got an incredible sticky mess. I had a Dickens of a time getting that blender clean. Boy did those potatoes hang together.

Now that I think about it. I don't think she added any liquid to those potatoes, just lots and lots of butter and cheese. The word I wanted was probably gloppy, not gloopy. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom