Food you wouldn't put in your mouth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will not eat offal, there are too many other food to eat, why eat a food from within, some love offal and thats ok, but not me.
greg.

Ham salad is gross. I bought some in the meat dept and it was gross. I made some at home. It turned out the same and it was gross. I guess ham salad just is not my thing.

Haggis isn't bad, just don't think about how it's cooked :chef: It's just lamb, barley and some herbs, that's all!

Raw oysters, or any raw seafood, sorry. I don't understand sushi. And it doesn't make it any better to call it sashimi, either. No thanks to raw fish, which unless properly handled may result in hookworms in the intestinal tract. Uh uh, no way, no how! Cook the danged fish! Bread and fry the oysters!

Fraidy

Some of the things I can't handle are pumpernickle bread, brains, mountain oysters, honey and McDonalds. Yuk

Miracle whip. Bought it once thinking it was mayo, it was not. Some people like it though if they were brought up on it.

Used to not like egg salad but my wife had a really good recipe for it and I like it now.

Fresh Corriander (Cilantro). I can't eat it, the flavour is so bad, a tiny bit of shopped up corriander in the garnish and my mouth is blahhhhhh

i try it every now and then but can't eat fresh corriander, we eat a lot of indian and at restaurants i have to say..um can u not put fresh corriander on there please cos even the menu states, garnished with fresh corriander..ohhhh BLAHHHHHHHH :)

Being a chef in a very large hotel I had to be familur with lots of diverse food
and coming from a very poor family I learned to eat what was put in front of me but to this day I can not smell or taste Yogurt I want to hurl every time it gits close to me. I love Okra any way u fix it.

I once catered a toping out party for construction workers all musle big/ biker like looking and had a special order form my chees monger and got some medium aged brick that was out of this world good and you think thoses macho men? would try it no no no no . I took it home and had a feast

Beef Liver...yukk
I can get down Chicken Livers if they are crisp and have plenty of ketchup on top.

Organs Can Stay Where They Came From!!!!

LIVER:sick:...My mother cooked liver once and burnt it. So anytime I think of eating an organ I remember the smell and taste of one that had caught on fire.

most of holland cheese are unacceptabe in my mouth... while artichokes and too bitter vegetables are untolerable except bitter melon :p

Lamb,liver and any kind of game meat. I am sure there are other things but I haven't been introduced to eating them.

Don't like Berlotti beans, they are disgusting. Not fussed on goat meat either. Italian pizza is really bland, which is surprising, I thought the pizza in Italy would be amazing but it's just tomato paste and mozeralla cheese. Give me a good old Aussie pizza anyday

Raw oysters (love them smoked, cooked) and raisins.
Anything else I would eat, at least try (including insects and worms)
I figure, if other people live on and love something, it's worth a shot.

Bugs. No SPiderlegs or any of that crap. I think i have a phobia.

Other than that Im pretty open minded.

LIVER!!!!!! My mother came from the generation where children were made to eat stuff that they didn't like------I remember loading it up with ketchup and then vomitus emitus occurred and then not ever being able to look at it again until I was a poor college student. To earn exta money I worked in the university biology lab and to had to puree liver for tests to determine proteins, amino acids, etc. Ugggggggggggggggh!! I would have welcomed coffee with Freddie Kruger over that. But like the song, "I Survived"

mitmondol said:
Raw oysters (love them smoked, cooked) and raisins.
Anything else I would eat, at least try (including insects and worms)
I figure, if other people live on and love something, it's worth a shot.

Forget the worms, at least night crawlers and the common earth worm. I tried roasting one in a fire and munched it when I was about 10 years of age, on a dare from a buddy. It was the foulest flavor I ever tasted, even worse than spoiled chocolate milk! Ugh. Don't do it. Don't try worms.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Worms need to be parboiled, then pan sauteed until crispy
like bacon bits. That made them tasty on our pond weed
greens in Boy Scouts....

Eggplant.. no reason to eat it.
Lima Beans... only if they are PictSweet Smokey Bacon flavor...
which is no longer carried in my area.
Boiled okra... no thank you
Chickpeas.... only in hummus please
Tripe... not my cuppa tea
Brains... got plenty thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom