Game: Something Useless I Just Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's one: Kangaroos and emus were chosen as the animals for the Australian coat of arms because they can't walk backwards.

And another: daytime TV shows like 'Days of our Lives' and 'The Young and the Restless' were known as soaps because once upon a time actual soap companies advertised during the programs because the housewives were watching it. Hence the term 'tv soap star' etc (well, we say it here in Australia, not sure about the US)

Here's one: Kangaroos and emus were chosen as the animals for the Australian coat of arms because they can't walk backwards.

And another: daytime TV shows like 'Days of our Lives' and 'The Young and the Restless' were known as soaps because once upon a time actual soap companies advertised during the programs because the housewives were watching it. Hence the term 'tv soap star' etc (well, we say it here in Australia, not sure about the US)
Yep, it's the same here!

:)Barbara

spiders have extra 3 eyes on top of their heads and actually are in need of pepto bismal at times when a particular meal doesn't agree with them (they actually will stagger to the edge of their webs and do what many frat guys do after the weekend beer bust and too much partying over the loo........spiders take liquid refreshment, too, as they only suck the juices out of the hapless victim.........never saw one wearing a toga though

They're called soaps over here too, I never knew that though :)

Many species of venomous snakes are what are known as "rear-fanged". Their fangs are on the back of their mouth, and much like a Gila Monster, they have to really gnaw on your to envenomnate you.

It's a good job snakes don't have to keep quiet and bite their tounge, really :mrgreen:

Most snakes would prefer you leaving them alone and not stepping on them.......they really don't want to bite you......it's only a protective response......if you get close enough (hahaha) the venomous ones' pupils are elliptical () and the non-poisonous are round shaped like ours O....... a wildlife biologist who lived in our neighborhood and snatched a hog-nose snake out of one of my ficus trees informed us as I thought it was poisonous due to its triangular-shaped head....next time you visit your reptile house at the zoo check out the snakes' eyes.....it's true......

I just learned that Bill Murray's three brothers are also actors. I have seen them in a few things and didn't realize they were his brothers.

:)Barbara

Most snakes would prefer you leaving them alone and not stepping on them.......they really don't want to bite you......it's only a protective response......if you get close enough (hahaha) the venomous ones' pupils are elliptical () and the non-poisonous are round shaped like ours O....... a wildlife biologist who lived in our neighborhood and snatched a hog-nose snake out of one of my ficus trees informed us as I thought it was poisonous due to its triangular-shaped head....next time you visit your reptile house at the zoo check out the snakes' eyes.....it's true......

The Coral Snake is an exception to this, if I remember right. That snake, while venomous, has round pupils.

Back
Top Bottom