Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But that's just life. It's not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to teach us, to help us grow spiritually, and mentally.

There you are Chief!!

Thanks for checking in because we worry about you and how you're holding up. You're a shining star here and very loved by many of us. Your faith by example always inspires me and I keep you in my prayers.

...I too don't frequent DC as much as I once did, but it's because I'm a very busy guy...So you see, all of my DC friends, I haven't abandoned DC. There are just too many things to do...
Good to see you, Chief. It's not the quantity of your posts that count, it's the quality. You always have much wisdom to share. Take care of yourself and your DH, and we'll keep thinking fondly of you (and sending up a prayer here and there for you, too. ;) )

I hope Addie is well, and is just taking a break.

And CHIEF! Great to see you, my brother. There are very few people that I know who command the respect you do from the obvious helpful, humble, and friendly way about you.

Btw, I never bought your cookbooks on CD. Would that still be a possibility? I think I still have your old phone # (got it off a bathroom wall...:cool:)
If a few of us bought it, it might help offset the cost of your well pump.
PM me if it's do-able.

Hmm, what do you call a well pump of it isn't well.

Last edited:
I wondered about Addie a week ago, back in the weather thread. Her last post had been the one about her leg issue, and that that Thursday's visit with the doctor wasn't a good one. Since she hasn't been on since then, I've wondered if she ended up in the hospital. She does all of her computer work from a tower-and-keyboard set-up in her apartment, so she wouldn't have a device with her to give us an update if she was in the hospital.

Note to self: make sure Himself knows how to get onto DC just in case...

I've left instructions with my sons to close all my accounts and in particular to let my internet friends with whom I interact. (as in DC)
I find it very sad when one just seems to "disappear" - you are left just wondering and yes, worried!

I have several personal friends from our now defunct chicken forum with whom I email/skype/facebook. California, Georgia, Tenn. and Penn.

My sons also know my personal friends from the horse world and only need to tell one... LOL - nothing like a barn for gossip! flies faster than the flies.

It's a good idea to have little 3x5 inch notebooks, for each computer user, with locations, login names, passwords, for bank accts, utilities, forums, email addys, gov't log ins, online store accounts, credit cards. We just put one entry on each page. One for him and one for me. Just in case. They can be a pain, each time you change your password, you must remember to write it down.

It's a good idea to have little 3x5 inch notebooks, for each computer user, with locations, login names, passwords, for bank accts, utilities, forums, email addys, gov't log ins, online store accounts, credit cards. We just put one entry on each page. One for him and one for me. Just in case. They can be a pain, each time you change your password, you must remember to write it down.
Or you could use a password manager for all the passwords and make sure that the password for that is available to your partner. Then you just have to keep the password manager up to date. I use Password Safe

Or you could use a password manager for all the passwords and make sure that the password for that is available to your partner. Then you just have to keep the password manager up to date. I use Password Safe

Same here, but I use RoboForm. RoboForm also allows you to create encrypted notes, so you could add bank accounts, etc., there. I have it on all my devices, it syncs automatically and prompts me to save when I create or change a password. I have never heard of a breach into this or similar software in the 15+ years I've been using it.

I'd hate to lose a paper notebook in a disaster or theft.

Same here, but I use RoboForm. RoboForm also allows you to create encrypted notes, so you could add bank accounts, etc., there. I have it on all my devices, it syncs automatically and prompts me to save when I create or change a password. I have never heard of a breach into this or similar software in the 15+ years I've been using it.

I'd hate to lose a paper notebook in a disaster or theft.
Same here.

Password Safe doesn't have encrypted notes as such, but it does have an area for taking notes with each entry.

We won't be gone long enough to be missed, only overnight, but I wanted to share our little trip up the coast to beautiful Santa Barbara tomorrow. It's been a long time since a getaway so I'm excited.
For one thing, it's one of the most beautiful drives in California from Ventura to Santa Barbara. We have a room reserved by the SB harbor, and also reservations for dinner near the Arlington Theater on State St. There, we'll be seeing Dancing With the Stars on tour..check out the video..
Dancing With The Stars – Light Up The Night, Live!
We've both enjoyed so many seasons of the show on TV so it should be fun fun fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom