Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have surgery scheduled for my right wrist Wednesday AM. It's due to a fall some years ago when I broke the wrist and tore a wrist bone free of its ligaments. The resulting pain has gotten worse over the years and the cortisone shots I had been getting are no longer effective. So Doc is going in to fuse and/or remove bones to eliminate the pain. I'll lose some flexibility but I think I'll still be able to slice and dice without pain.

Not sure when I'll be up to posting again. It's hard to type one-handed when it's your off hand.

Oh my gosh Andy, I just saw this, sorry I'm late to the party and you're probably sitting there in alot of pain right about now.
I can relate, for sure, I had surgery on my left wrist back many years ago. I'd be willing to bet that the technology is much better today.
All the best Andy!!

Oh my gosh Andy, I just saw this, sorry I'm late to the party and you're probably sitting there in alot of pain right about now.

I can relate, for sure, I had surgery on my left wrist back many years ago. I'd be willing to bet that the technology is much better today.

All the best Andy!!

Thanks k girl. I’ll be glad when it’s over.

The surgery appears to have gone well. Wednesday was a lost day. Wed. nite was not comfortable. Thurs. and today have both been better. i haven't had to take any meds since 6:00AM. The real issue is my right hand is useless. taking a shower this AM was an adventure trying to keep my arm and bandaging dry while trying to wash everything else. SO has been super taking care of me. next step is PT Monday morning to get fitted for a removable brace and scheduling PT.

The surgery appears to have gone well. Wednesday was a lost day. Wed. nite was not comfortable. Thurs. and today have both been better. i haven't had to take any meds since 6:00AM. The real issue is my right hand is useless. taking a shower this AM was an adventure trying to keep my arm and bandaging dry while trying to wash everything else. SO has been super taking care of me. Next step is PT Monday morning to get fitted for a removable brace and scheduling PT.

So glad to hear everything is going well. Get some plastic wrap and have SO wrap the bandaging up so you can take a reasonable shower. Just remember to remove it after the shower. And that is really good news regarding the pain meds.

Patience is the secret to PT. I just completed week two of PT and was surprised at just how much I had gained in confidence.

Take care. And give your SO a big hug as soon as you can. Prayers are coming your way.

The surgery appears to have gone well. Wednesday was a lost day. Wed. nite was not comfortable. Thurs. and today have both been better. i haven't had to take any meds since 6:00AM. The real issue is my right hand is useless. taking a shower this AM was an adventure trying to keep my arm and bandaging dry while trying to wash everything else. SO has been super taking care of me. next step is PT Monday morning to get fitted for a removable brace and scheduling PT.

+1 Andy!
We wrapped DH's knee after ACL (and again with the full replacement) surgery in plastic grocery bags and strapping tape... good times, good times.
We found a tub bath was a better bet for him along with one of those handled scrubby thingies.

bath wand.jpg

The surgery appears to have gone well....
Good news, Andy! Happy Healing! I'm glad you have a very attentive SO. Not too sure how much attention I'd get from Himself if I ever needed care-taking...:ermm:

...Get some plastic wrap and have SO wrap the bandaging up so you can take a reasonable shower. Just remember to remove it after the shower...
Did you SERIOUSLY say that, Addie? :huh: I'm pretty it goes without saying that anyone would have enough sense to know that without being told...

Got fitted for a plastic cast/brace yesterday. Feels better than the original wrappings. Back to see Dr. Thursday. Hopefully I can have the stitches out and begin therapy.

I'm out, for now.

I'm going to keep a promise that I made my dad the day before he died. That is to walk away from unimportant, plainly obvious BS instead of confronting it; look to the good things in your life and your faith to be happy.

Take care, and I'll see ya when I see ya.

I'm out, for now.

I'm going to keep a promise that I made my dad the day before he died. That is to walk away from unimportant, plainly obvious BS instead of confronting it; look to the good things in your life and your faith to be happy.

Bucky, there are times when we let life take over. And a lot of it is BS. Your father is so right. Turn your back on the BS in life and you will be a lot happier. You and your wife have a wonderful son. Revel in him. Not all the jerks that envy what you have. Good luck. Looking forward to hearing about your new found happiness.

I'm out, for now.

While I understand your reasoning, I am sad you are taking a break from DC.

I enjoy your postings and hope you resume them soon..

Ross

I'm out, for now.

While I understand your reasoning, I am sad you are taking a break from DC.

I enjoy your postings and hope you resume them soon..

Ross
Ditto

I'm out, for now.

I hope that you will see this BT, I'm very sad to hear this news that you're out.
I tried to send you a PM, but it would go, your box is full.
I hope to see you again in the not too distant future

Back
Top Bottom