Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I would check in. My cold is getting a bit better but my aches and pains are probably here for at least the winter. My kidney pain is back as well, though I am so used to it that I am monitoring it, taking the proper steps and if it gets worse or not better I will go have it looked at.
Just thought I would update things.

My pain has not lessened all day even though I have done all the normal things we do in the way of pills, fluids, etc. I would say it is worse and steady. So, when TB gets home from work in 2 hours it looks like we will be making a trip to the ER. I really don't want to, but because I have had so much trouble with my kidney since a car accident 12 years ago I am supposed to go in if certain symptoms persist.

If we do go in and I am there any length of time, I will get TB to update you all if you like. My cell phone doesn't always work in the ER but if it does I can send an update when I know something.

Positive thoughts and prayers are really needed. I am getting very tired physically with all the different pain and emotionally because of all these never ending health issues.

Hey all, just to let you all know, I'm going away starting Friday. I've not decided if I'll take my laptop with me or not. I suspect not. We'll be gone for at least 10 days and then I'll be running like a crazy woman when I get back. I'll post pictures of the cruise for you though.

Have a great time away Alix :)

Just thought I would update things.

My pain has not lessened all day even though I have done all the normal things we do in the way of pills, fluids, etc. I would say it is worse and steady. So, when TB gets home from work in 2 hours it looks like we will be making a trip to the ER. I really don't want to, but because I have had so much trouble with my kidney since a car accident 12 years ago I am supposed to go in if certain symptoms persist.

If we do go in and I am there any length of time, I will get TB to update you all if you like. My cell phone doesn't always work in the ER but if it does I can send an update when I know something.

Positive thoughts and prayers are really needed. I am getting very tired physically with all the different pain and emotionally because of all these never ending health issues.

can you feel the positive thoughts coming your way, lp?--cause i've been sending them out to you quite often lately. at this time, i think the hospital is the best place for you to get the relief from all that pain that was not manageable at home. i know how exhausting severe and long-lasting pain can be, both physically and emotionally. your warm presence at dc is missed, lp. we want and wish you be well, lp. take care....:)

Last edited:
LPBeier,

My prayer for you is that the doctors will have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to exactly pinpoint the best approach for you, to insure a complete recovery soon.

Laurie

Hi everyone. Thank you for your concern, love, prayers, thoughts, hugs... they are appreciated more than you will ever know.

Nothing has really changed. I didn't go to the hospital because I was finally sleeping when TB got home and he didn't want to wake me. I am still sleeping most of the time, in pain, very weak and frustrated.

Because he is off tomorrow, TB said if I am still bad tonight we are going to the hospital for sure when he gets home at midnight. If I feel I need to go sooner he said to call the neighbours or 911.

Right now I am content just to curl up with my furry heating pads (named Violet and Joie) and rest.

I know many of you will say "get to the hospital, what are you waiting for". The truth is, if it is my kidney, it is probably gravel which doesn't show up on their tests. They will give me a shot of morphine that I don't want and send me home after sitting there for 9 hours on a hard chair. Last time the doctor (not one of my favourites) wouldn't even do any tests. I can't get in to my family doctor and the clinics will just send me to emergency.

The fact that I have chronic pain muddies any diagnosis they make. But if it does persist, I will go. I promise. :angel:

Thanks again for being here. I love you all. Not sure when I will post again but if I do go I will make sure you know.

Hey DC, this is LP's DH! I think I got that right and am posting in the right place :)

I am on a quick break from work and LP wanted me to tell you she is in the hospital. I took her in on my way to work and because the pain was getting worse and she was running a high fever they were going to try to fast track her (which at our hospital doesn't mean much). She will try to message you from the hospital but isn't always successful or I will let you know how she is when I can.

She is physically and emotionally wiped out and I think they are taking that seriously this time. We can only hope.

Thanks for the update, TB! Many thoughts and prayers, hope LP can get some relief.

Thanks for sharing with us TB. Many of us feel quite close to Laurie. We wish her some speedy relief. Please keep us posted on her progress. Take care of yourself as well :)

Hey DC, this is LP's DH! I think I got that right and am posting in the right place :)

I am on a quick break from work and LP wanted me to tell you she is in the hospital. I took her in on my way to work and because the pain was getting worse and she was running a high fever they were going to try to fast track her (which at our hospital doesn't mean much). She will try to message you from the hospital but isn't always successful or I will let you know how she is when I can.

She is physically and emotionally wiped out and I think they are taking that seriously this time. We can only hope.

TB,They better be taking excelent care of my girl.
this is her Ma. Please let us know how she is. I feel so helpless. I can't do much to help her and it hurts me inside, even my heart aches for her, I wonder if you would give her a big hug and kss for me and tell her I'm wishing the pain away. I want to see her home and snuggled up with you and the pooches, Please let us know just how she is and tell her she is our good thoughts and prayers. WE love her TB and YOU too.
ma

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom