Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi tb, let me add my thanks to you for coming to dc with an update about lp and a much-anticipated decision to go to the hospital. your willingness to write a post for lp to us doesn't hurt your creds any either, as a loving and supportive dh to our good friend.:) your being there for her in this and other ways, must be reassuring for lp, especially at a time like this. we are hopeful of her receiving a lifting of that debilitating pain in the hospital. lately, the pain was plaguing lp to the extent that she was ultimately forced to suspend most of her activities, including regular contacts with her friends at dc. awaiting further information about lp's progress. feel better, lp and take care. take care you too, dh. :)

Last edited:
Hi, everyone, it is me again. We got back home about 2 am. I was able to get into DC on my phone at the hospital, read texts, etc. but could not do any outgoing replies (this is common there). So I was able to get your heartfelt wishes and they really helped.

First of all, yes, TB is a keeper. He came off a heavy shift of driving at 11:00, drove the 1/2 hours from work to the hospital (even stopped in once quickly after dropping off his dialysis patients during his shift) and stayed with me till I was discharged.

I am happy with the treatment I got. It was the same doctor I had for my chest pains. I have a kidney infection and am on oral medication first so I don't have to go twice a day for 2 hours each at the outpatient IV clinic. If I don't feel any relief by early next week I am to go back and they will reassess and probably put me on IV (which I do not want - too many side affects). They scoped my throat and FINALLY someone found something stuck there. They are sending the results to my ENT.

Finally, he was very concerned about my not being able to manage my chronic pain after all the work I have done on this. He is also concerned about all the doctors I have wanting to change up my pain medication for how it reacts with my asthma, throat, etc. There is now a full pain program in Surrey, and he would like to get me in to one of the doctors for a complete medication / condition "overhaul". This would entail me going in to the hospital for as long as it takes, being weaned off everything and monitored carefully for reactions. Then they would assess my health profile and redo medications. It may hopefully turn out I need a lot less than I am on.

Well, I am tired and will head back to bed. Again, thanks for all your love and caring. It really got me through the night.

Hello, it has been a long time since I have been able to get online.
Thank you for the PM's of concern. Not sure, what I have already posted
So this is a recap and some added info. Hurricane sandy
Really did a lot of damage to my town. At one point most of the town was under 10 feet of water. We lost the police dept. /town hall,
Fire, rescue squad, civic center buildings, several of the town
Vehicles (squad car, fire truck, emergency) also, ALL the businesses got hit hard and all but 1 are closed including the drug store, the only school we have in town
(Pre-k - 8) won't be useable until NEXT fall (MAYBE longer) the kids are being
Bussed to the next town overs high school and senior center.
My town was in the national news and groups from as far away as
California and Texas have sent needed items/supplies and
Food and have come to my town to help with clean up.
Home Depot has been here giving stuff to the town folks. PSE&G was giving out cases of water, bags of ice, cleaning supplies
And hot tea and coffee for several days after the storm. The town had a BBQ with music and give aways last weekend.
Towns from all over the area sent clothes, household items, supplies, and gift cards of all kinds to my daughter’s high school
Red Cross has been here every day with lunch and dinners plus blankets,
Cleaning supplies etc. I have been having cable/internet and computer
problems. To top it all off I have lost MORE days of work because I have food poisoning.
I have no clue how I got it but hub thinks he may have had a mild case also. I got hit hard.
Doctor said my color was off and I am dehydrated big time.

Oh my! Food poisening is the last thing you need. Just curious. Did you partake any of the donated food? :angel:

Praying for you LP. I didn't check in for a couple of days, and didn't realize you had been in the hospital. I hope they figure things out soon and you can start to feel better.

Ms.Mofet, thanks so much for checking in. So sorry you are going through such a hard time. Were you able to get your place dried out? Darn that food poisoning. Hope you feel better real soon.

Thank you chopper. Rugs are still a bit damp but we keep opening the windows when it is warm. We will need to rip the rugs out and replace the linoleum in hall, cabinets and bathroom but not just now. We just don't have the means at the moment. We need to think about either replacing our fuel tank (one of the legs got broken off when they stood it up and moved it back where it should be) and there is a small hole now OR switch over to gas which means a new furnace. Both options are a bit pricey.

MSM, are you going to apply for any of the FEMA relief funds?

Spike's son just stopped by to pick up a paper cutter I have had for years. The blade needs to be sharpened. He is my first grandchild. I haven't seen him in years. Other than my granddaughter who lives in Vermont, all my family members live nearby. You would think I would see them more often. But as usual what happens is they get busy living their own lives. And I understand that. They all have kids and we know how much of our time they take. Since I will be at my daughter's for Christmas, I know they will all show up there since she is sick.

I just talked to her on the phone. Last week she went for her MRI. Her whole week was a general screw up. The technician couldn't find a vein, the doctor kept her waiting for more than an hour, her chemo meds were lost and they couldn't find them for a day, etc. Then to relax she went with her husband to NH to spend the day with a friend who had just built a new home up there. Well, that was a mistake. Took 2.5 hours just to go three miles. They are doing road repair on the turnpike and have reduced five lanes of traffic down to one. Then when they arrive, their friend is in a foul mood. He starts a fight with anyone who will talk to him. Then on the way home, they stopped for coffee and her husband left the keys in the car. My daughter left her pocketbook in there and she locked the car. It took two hours for AAA to arrive. And on and on and on. Today, she is putting her tree up. And trying to get some rest. Next week is her chemo week. That sure is going to be a fun week. Happy Thanksgivinig. :angel:

msmofet said:
Thank you chopper. Rugs are still a bit damp but we keep opening the windows when it is warm. We will need to rip the rugs out and replace the linoleum in hall, cabinets and bathroom but not just now. We just don't have the means at the moment. We need to think about either replacing our fuel tank (one of the legs got broken off when they stood it up and moved it back where it should be) and there is a small hole now OR switch over to gas which means a new furnace. Both options are a bit pricey.

Glad things are getting dried out. Will your insurance cover any of your repairs? Did you have good flood insurance? I know it has been tough for the folks here who lost their homes in the fire this summer to make all of the necessary insurance claims. Good luck with dealing with all of the paperwork. I'm so glad that you are well and things are looking up.

So nice to see you here MM :)

Hope everything dries out soon for you and that you can find the cheaper option :)

Thank you everyone. Quite honestly I don't know how many bad things I can handle. I am reaching my limit.

BTW ate the Red Cross food :angel:

No. FEMA said to homeowners insurance, homeowners insurance said they don't cover flood so we are S.O.L.!

msmofet said:
Thank you everyone. Quite honestly I don't know how many bad things I can handle. I am reaching my limit.

No. FEMA said to homeowners insurance, homeowners insurance said they don't cover flood so we are S.O.L.!

My prayers going out to you for good things to happen for you.

You deserve a break, Ms.M. I'm so hoping you can get one soon, and that things can finally be positive.

My heart goes out ot you and your family. I am sure you have heard it said before, "God doesn't give us any more than we can handle." Prayers are going out for you. You have gone though the worst, now comes the cleanup and better times. Hang in there we are all sending prayers out for you.

When I was living in Aransas Pass, Texas the eye of a hurrican went right over the town. The back side of the storm was worst than the first. There wasn't a building or home left in the whole town that hadn't been destroyed or severly damaged. We were sleeping in the streets in sleeping bags. Water trucks came in everyday. The Red Cross passed out meals three tiimes a day. The Federal goverment brought in hundrends of mobile homes. Today, that sleepy little fishing village is a major city in southern Texas. Every building that wasn't torn down was either repaired or rebuilt.

Sending a few of these your way. You need them right now. :angel: :angel::angel::angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom