Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like he was last on June 27th. Couldn't find anything saying he was going to be gone but it's possible he just got busy with work or summer activities with his family. I sent him a pm letting him know you were asking about him.

Thanks. It seems like he bugged out after starting that one thread on somethingoranother :LOL:

Snip seems to come and go. I know often it is because she has trouble with internet, and she also gets busy with her family.

okay, fun is fun...but now we need you back here. where in hell are you, bt? who do you expect is running this place at night with you not here? who is able to keep up with the lurking, the stalking and dc dumpster diving operations around here in your absence? we know baseball season is in full swing and all, but you got another team counting on you right here, bt....

p.s. hope you're having a super swell summer, bt!! :)

okay, fun is fun...but now we need you back here. where in hell are you, bt? who do you expect is running this place at night with you not here? who is able to keep up with the lurking, the stalking and dc dumpster diving operations around here in your absence? we know baseball season is in full swing and all, but you got another team counting on you right here, bt....

p.s. hope you're having a super swell summer, bt!! :)

Ditto!

I have not been around much and am not sure if/when that will change. I came to a realization that all my computer communities are safe places to be because while you build friendships, they are not face to face so are much easier to deal with.

With all my pain and illnesses I have slipped into a place that I know I need to get out of - Most of my contact with even my local and long time friends and family are through the computer or texting on my phone. My last encounter going to lunch with two friends (one new and one longtime), didn't go well because I was "trying too hard to fit in". I need "real" people in my life to get better. You are all very real to me but all the time I spend talking to you conveniently keeps me from going outside.

The past few days I have spent time at my neighbour's and it was great fun and relaxation. I did some baking for my MIL and for our other neighbour who is always doing nice things for me. We went for a day-trip with TB's parents on the long weekend we just had, and I have said yes to teaching some pre-teens cupcake decorating.

I love you all and still want to be in touch. This is not an easy decision I hope you all understand it is not you, it is the fact I need to get out of the house and sitting here is a lot easier, specially when I am in pain.

I am still getting post and PM notifications and am using Facebook if you want to be in touch.
:heart:

Thanks, LP

LP, I understand. I have had to force myself to get out among people a couple of times a week. Otherwise, I never leave the house. If it weren't for the girls, I probably would go days without going outside. Chickens are, I find, good for me.

Take care of yourself and do drop in time and again. You have lots of friends here who love you and are there for you--and want to hear about how you're doing.

Laurie I know where you're at. I can find so many excuses not to leave my apartment. And that is not good. So I understand. Today my excuse was a legitimate one. I can't take the scooter out in the rain and it was pouring so hard there were times when you couldn't see through it. Tomorrow hopefully sunshine. Take care and do drop in. :angel:

Take the time you need to find yourself in the outside world again, but don't forget about us hiding in your computer. Even if you aren't hanging around with us know you'll be in our thoughts, and I hope we'll be in yours. I know that sometimes the easiest way to limit your DC time is to go cold-turkey. Take care and I hope we'll see you stop in again sometime.
c0204.gif

SO and I are leaving Thursday morning for a long weekend. We'll be back Sunday Afternoon. I may or may not have access to DC. Leaving my laptop home and just taking the iPad (SO wants to play WWF and Angry Birds).

SO and I are leaving Thursday morning for a long weekend. We'll be back Sunday Afternoon. I may or may not have access to DC. Leaving my laptop home and just taking the iPad (SO wants to play WWF and Angry Birds).
Have a great trip Andy. You may not have access to your iPad. :ermm::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom