Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not you, it's me.

Well, maybe it's some of you a little bit...

I'm going to be taking a break from DC for a bit. Last week, on the days I spent very little time here, I got a lot of stuff done at home. Unfortunately, just like chocolate, I don't know how to be satisfied with just a small "bite" of DC. I'll still be eating chocolate, but I won't be here for a while. Not saying I won't pop on to check around for a recipe or cooking hint, but I have to take a break from being chatty on the boards. DC is my fun place to be, and when I'm thinking about how much work I should be doing it just seems like a little less fun. Also not so fun is the way some posts are getting a bit like snipping back and forth at each other, not fun stuff. Please, if you have a beef with what someone said to you take your bickering to PMs please, and leave the rest of us out of your playground brawls.

You all have a great summer. When I come back I hope I can cheerfully report that I have divested Himself and me of many unnecessary items in our garage/yard sale, that my gardens are all cleaned out and mulched, and that the rooms in the house have all been patched and painted. On a good note, Himself took inventory of paint today and said we have to get more for the porch rails and flooring. Good man. ;) (Amazing what can happen when you tell him you aren't cooking or washing his clothes until he get some work done around here. :ROFLMAO: ) AND what would make me completely ecstatic would be my first post showing a photo of a "For Sale" sign in our front yard. :huh: Nah, I'm not going to be away THAT long!

I have PM notifications set up so feel free to zip me a note if anything earth-shattering happens around here. Or just to say hi.

Later!

CG, I have taken a few breaks like that in the last few years. I will miss you terribly but you can be sure one of those PM's will be from me.

Take care.

Good luck on purging your home for your long awaited Yard Sale. I hope it is a big success and brings in tons of money for your move back home to Ohio.

You are right when you say there has been a lot of sniping and snide remarks lately. Arguing for arguments sake. It does take the fun out of the site. Have a fun summer and hope to see you back soon. :angel:

Good luck on purging your home for your long awaited Yard Sale. I hope it is a big success and brings in tons of money for your move back home to Ohio.

You are right when you say there has been a lot of sniping and snide remarks lately. Arguing for arguments sake. It does take the fun out of the site.

Sad to report that it isn't just lately that sniping occurs here. :LOL: How soon people forget.

Yet DC perseveres and still has fun through the years. GO DC! :w00t:

Usually, I lurk and read more than post; but recently have cut my hand, which has discouraged even that. Got the stitches out today and had a nice time catching up on the 'what are you doing' thread -- plan to read other threads just to 'keep my hand in.' :) Everything takes twice as long to do, except eating. :pig:

Usually, I lurk and read more than post; but recently have cut my hand, which has discouraged even that. Got the stitches out today and had a nice time catching up on the 'what are you doing' thread -- plan to read other threads just to 'keep my hand in.' :) Everything takes twice as long to do, except eating. :pig:

I'm very glad to hear from you!

Sorry to hear about your hand and happy that you are on the mend!

Use your nose if you have to, but please stay in touch with us! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Welcome back, Tinlizzie! You'll have to tell us what happened! We'll understand about the nose-typing.

Thanks, guys. I'm keepin' on keepin' on. Using the nose ain't that bad -- just a shame about my spring allergies. Have to tip the keyboard to let the nose-juice run off. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom