Goose Liver Pate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
In another thread I mentioned the wild goose I was brought today (which is in the brine and gets cooked tomorrow).

Last year it was just the goose. This year he brought me.. wait for it....

all the livers from all the geese!!! 13 goose livers, just a tad over 1 pound.

Oh my.

Now I have a large quantity of goose liver pate.

Anyone know how this stuff freezes?

I've frozen liver pate's, not goose, duck and chicken. It freezes well, but I don't think that I would leave it long in the freezer.

The livers will also freeze well for later use.

Oh I know what I want to do with it.. I want to eat it.. but 2.5 cups (or there abouts) is a lot of pate. :LOL:

I freeze goose liver, we had some of it for lunch. I make a very simple pate with it, I render some goose fat, fry shalots then the liver, dump it in the blender with h/boiled eggs and blitz till smooth, then chill.

I may say that I am "fresh off a turnip truck", but,....would that be considered Foie
Gras? *assuming that they were force fed, - if not, would that simply make them duck livers*???? (I have no clue) :(

I may say that I am "fresh off a turnip truck", but,....would that be considered Foie
Gras? *assuming that they were force fed, - if not, would that simply make them duck livers*???? (I have no clue) :(

These livers came from geese that were in flight Friday. Nice and fresh. :)

I'm the furthest thing from a vegetarian, but that sounds sad somehow.
Jes sayin.....

I bet it's delicious, Frank!

How about local, organic, cage-free, free-range, and exceptionally fresh? Grown with no antibiotics or hormones too. ;)

It really is delicious! :chef:

~Kathleen

:LOL: I like that better Kathleen!!
Keeps my mind off geese flying free and beautiful across the sky. :LOL:

I should have been a spin doctor! :LOL:

The thing I loved about the livers is that they usually get discarded by many hunters, so I'm glad Frank made a pate with them.

Also, the goose was not very big, but was very lean. We rendered what little fat was on it, roasted the goose for one meal and made stock to make soup for a second one. Some of the fat was used to make marvelous fried potatoes that was a side with the roasted goose. If only we could have ground the bones for bone-meal in the garden. :)

*peeks at Kayelle while sipping the last bit of soup from her bowl* You mean 'and grow grain to feed our organic, local, cage-free, free-range geese,' don't you, baby? :rolleyes:

I though you wanted chickens???? (ducking for cover from Frank)

Oh, so true. *sighs* Chickens would eat the scraps from the veggies he put in the soup and lay eggs. Much better than a composter! :rolleyes: But we can have free-range geese too!

Then you will also have the chicken manure to spread on the garden to grow more veggies!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom