Hardened Brown Sugar questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, DramaQueen, I did what you suggested and found other neat toys as well. The beauty of the discs is that you can leave them in for 3 months and they make great gifts. I'm taking a bunch back for gifts and found that a Bed, Bath & Beyond near me has them in now. Thanks so much!! :)

You're right about giving them as gifts. My friends complained about their brown sugar going to rock and I showed them what I use. I decided to give one to each of them along with a container of brown sugar cookies. They loved the disc. They still use them. Hope they liked the cookies as well. It made a nice little token gift.

speaking of brown sugar, I get really irritated at the stores always having sales on the light brown sugar but never the dark brown, which I think is so much nicer. And the dark brown has those little solidified nuggets in them, that the kids and I mine out for a little nibble treat too.
On occasion when I've run out of brown sugar, I've made my own by adding a little Gramdma's Molasses to the white sugar and mixed through it. Very good flavor.

I live in Las Vegas where the humidity seldom goes above 10% so my brown sugar can get as hard as a rock in a short time. I have been using the discs for years and now my sugar stays as soft as the day I bought it. You soak the disc in water for about 15 minutes then stick it in the sugar. I do this about once a month. Here is what it looks like.

I have those too .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom