Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife said:
LOL... Maybe you could send Francesco my way. He could stand in front of my bike and I could chase him down. lol... I'm sure he's more fun to look at than the guys on "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...

Yeah!! great idea for a new exercise routine!! you would definetely love him... he is not only cute but also a great motivator, and keeps us laughing throughout the lesson... he has a knack to make every lesson a blast!! Next time you come to Rome, I will take you to one of his classes as a guest!!:)

licia said:
I do Curves 3 days a week, go to the gym and work out, water exercises in the pool - the other three days a week and am eating things that are good for me. I've lost 3 pounds already and hope to keep to a safe level. This is possibly the larges undertaking I've ever done for myself, but it should help me with my meds also. My doctor gave me his blessing.

I do Curves too, licia. Works for me. I don't know your age (and wouldn't dare ask), but the workout you get there is effective for all ages. At my club we have a member who is 79 (I signed her up while I was still working there), and she is doing great. She told me it was a wonderful feeling to be able to pick up her small grandchildren again.

Best of luck to you in your focus on YOU!

Does shoveling snow for two and a half hours count?:( Actually, I don't mind shoveling snow. In fact, I do the extra work of piling it on the west-side of my Webber Kettle, to block the wind when I grilling or barbecuing something. I also make a snow fort for some little ones we baysit every now and again. It makes them hapy which makes me happy.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Way to go licia! Good for you...I bet after 3 months you will be hooked! I've been either walking for 3 miles or riding my indoor bike every day now since last April. I'm up to 50 minutes on the bike. This morning it was 20 degrees - warm enough to walk! I was excited! It was so nice to be outside early in the morning instead of watching the minutes tick by while on the bike...

Goodweed - snow shoveling definitely counts!!! :)

What really surprises me is that my body feels so much more alive. I'm not feeling sluggish at all and after only 2 weeks. My clothes are moving around a bit on me so I can tell there are changes, even if the scale shows only 3 lbs.

I worked out yesterday - I usually try every other day - although my abs could reallty use every day - but then I would be doing that instead of doing this, so I will work out tomorrow!:mrgreen:

I did a 1 hour class in aquatics. It certainly seems to be helping my arthritis. I'm no longer sore and achy when I get up in the morning. I'm thinking about doing just the aquatics at the gym for a while, along with the Curves thing until my body acclimates to the heavier exercise. The weights and machines seem to be too much with 3 days of water and 3 days of Curves - alternate days. I'm feeling so much more agile. I'm considering it my job - up first thing in the morning, either to the gym or to Curves, whichever is the proper day. I'm not weighing myself either, I will wait til I go back to the doctor - or whoever says I need to weigh, the gym or Curves. I would certainly suggest the water exercises for anyone with joint problems, of course, depending on what your doctor says.

I've got a 10 mile run after work today...outside. Good thing we've had a mild winter so far...

Anyone out there use a trampoline or rebounder for fitness? I'm going to go on a research outing this weekend. Comparing the ones you can find at a sporting store vs. all these really expensive ones online. Thanks for any info you can provide!:)

Since my last post, 21 days ago, I had not exercised until today. My bad! I went biking with my daughter this afternoon but the main workout was pulling my 3 year old in the trailer. Boy! Did I break a sweat??? My boy is getting heavy. Later, my husband rode the bike and I jogged next to him, our little one and my daughter. So we all exercised today. YEY!!!

3 times this week I have done walk aerobics when I got home from work. One night with the walk aerobics I did 20 minutes of basic pilates. I have slept like a rock all week. Exercising does wonders to improve my sleeping patterns.

Every morning, Monday through Friday, I roll out of bed at 4:30 am, take a quick hot water rinse, wash my face and brush my teeth, and I am in the gym by 5:15 for 30 minutes of intense cardio on either the eliptical trainer, the treadmill, the recumbent bicycle, or the Lifecycle. Then I return home, take a real shower, and go to work. On Mondays and Thursdays, I return to the gym between 6:30 and 7:00 pm for an hour of weight training. On either Saturday or Sunday, it's 1-1/2 hours of weight training plus 30 minutes of cardio. I very seldom skip a day.

Yesterday I challenged myself with almost 4 hours of activity in the gym...
starting with spinning, then worked with free weights for 45 minutes, then Body Balance (mixture of Pilates, Taichi and Yoga), then finally "Jump" (a very vigorous and upbeat aerobic dancing class)... I was quite pooped after that, however gorging on gnocchi with quattro formaggi for supper and good night's sleep I recovered pretty well, so I was back at the gym again this afternoon and did a hiphop dancing and shoot exercise(fitboxe).
6 hours of gym within 24 hours, it is amazing my body still functions!!:mrgreen:

I've been doing a session of water exercises then some swimming on my own 3 days a week - Curves the other 3 days a week - none on Sunday. I'm feeling better and sleeping better, but I think i've hurt my left leg - it is tiring very easily - so I may have to watch for that.

:ohmy: Gee! No one's posted here since February! Has anyone exercised lately? This morning, I took my 3 year old for a stroll for 30 minutes then stopped at our neighborhood park and played in the jungle gym. I've been up all day RECHARGED and ready to do just about anything. Feels I'm going 100 miles an hour:LOL: ! Love the feeling. Let's get moving you all.

Back
Top Bottom