Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I know for me, those extra few minutes in the day to read and research a recipe, plus watch a gazillion videos not ever had time for before - certainly helped pique my interest!

So Dudes Mom, Welcome to DC!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking. Yup, cooking is more fun when you have time to do it and you aren't already exhausted from a day of work.

Thank you all for the welcome! Unfortunately I had some medical issues the last few weeks and didn't get a chance to get back here. I lam loving reading the forum posts!

Just an older lady that still enjoys cooking. I think I actually enjoy it more now that I'm retired than when I was working.
Don't worry, you'll get over it!

At 75, I have been cooking for over 50 years, including making sure my son had a hot meaal on the table every day until he got married and left home. He told me it still amazes him that I managed to work full time and still accomplished getting him breakfast, packing him a lunch, and feeding him with home cooking every night. One of his freinds was so impressed he managed to show up almost every night right around supper time. His name was Justin, so I called him Justin Time.

Now I only enjoy cooking when I am going to enjoy the fruits of my labor with someone else. Otherwise, I have frozen prepared single serve meals that require very little effort. Of course they aren't even close to my own cooking, but they are convenient.

Last edited:
Don't worry, you'll get over it!

At 75, I have been cooking for over 50 years, including making sure my son had a hot meaal on the table every day until he got married and left home. He told me it still amazes him that I managed to work full time and still accomplished getting him breakfast, packing him a lunch, and feeding him with home cooking every night. One of his freinds was so impressed he managed to show up almost every night right around supper time. His name was Justin, so I called him Justin Time.

Now I only enjoy cooking when I am going to enjoy the fruits of my labor with someone else. Otherwise, I have frozen prepared single serve meals that require very little effort. Of course they aren't even close to my own cooking, but they are convenient.
This is very inspiring! Good for you and I'm certain that Justin Time along with your son have fond memories of dinner!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom