Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well dawg, that's easy. you can always start drinking more coffee....:)
or, invite your coffee-drinking friends over, sometimes, for a cuppa....

Would if I could justify it, Vit. My Cuisinart still works fine. Unfortunately.

sure, dawg, i'm sure your mr. cuisinart is capable of brewing a perfectly respectable potful of coffee, but how does he do in the role of companion? at six o'clock in the a.m. of the morning, huh, huh? :)

Vit, you're a goof. But I love you anyway. :)

I'm jonesin' for a Keurig, but there's no reason to get one as we rarely drink coffee. DH is firmly against it. But I just love the technology. And it looks really cool.

Last edited:
Vit, you're a goof. But I love you anyway. :)

I'm jonesin' for a Keurig, but there's no reason to get one as we rarely drink coffee. DH is firmly against it. But I just love the technology. And it looks really cool.

Dawg, I thought I really wanted a Keurig too, even though I am opposed to the cost associated with tiny little pre filled cups. I thought maybe it would be something I could have in my office at work. My daughter has one she has served me coffee twice using it, both times I found the coffee quite weak or "thin". I was surprised as she served me an Italian roast and a French roast. I like full bodied unadulterated coffee, no cream or sugar for me, I want to taste the coffee. We decided that the 8 or so ounce mug she used was too large to get the kind of "cup" I would be looking for. Apparently she could set the Keurig for a smaller cup, however...... This would mean I would have to use even more of the expensive (compared
to bulk beans by the pound) little pre filled cups to get my coffee fix each day. BTW......my DH is also "firmly against" ;-)

Last edited:
I've got the 145 commercial model on the way :)
This one is not associated with the pump failures of their platinum series. It's not quite as expensive either.
One of the reviews mentioned running it twice through the same cup, set at 6oz, to get a travel mug filled. The review did not mention if it was weak doing this, so maybe it depends on the flavor of cup used. I've got a couple refillable cups on the way, too, to use regular coffee. So we'll see...
It will be nice getting a quick cup of fresh coffee. It takes 80 seconds in the microwave just to reheat some.

If you like strong flavored coffee, you need to make sure the pre-filled cups say "Extra Bold" on them, they have the extra in them to handle travel mug sizes. They cost the same as the "Regular" coffees.

Pac, I hope like heck you enjoy the Keurig...I love both of mine!

Have any of you looked at the new Hamilton? It uses your own coffee and has a small basket that you fill, close the top and press the button. and it is priced reasonably. I think it is worth considering. Against the cost of the pods. :angel:

you can use your own coffee with the keurig, too, using a special k cup--lots of folks do. it is unlikely that i will ever make my coffee this way, though. for me, one of the many advantages of making keurig coffee is the mindless, lazy convenience of it....:)

Back in August I got a Mr. Coffee timer pot that makes one cup of coffee. I also got a 24oz cup to go with it (that's the one cup). :mrgreen:

I have one of those reusable filters and buy my coffee from a local roaster.

you can use your own coffee with the keurig, too, using a special k cup--lots of folks do. it is unlikely that i will ever make my coffee this way, though. for me, one of the many advantages of making keurig coffee is the mindless, lazy convenience of it....:)

Make yourself a promise...a bucket list item...to try hand crafting the java in your mug. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/chemex-coffee-72833.html

I promise it's worth the trouble.

Make yourself a promise...a bucket list item...to try hand crafting the java in your mug. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f122/chemex-coffee-72833.html

I promise it's worth the trouble.

thank you, 40, verrry interesting. somehow, i managed to miss this great chemex thread of yours the first time around--but it has been updated today.:) when i got my keurig coffee machine, i threw away all concerns and concepts related to coffee filters, messy coffee grounds, and such, yess!

but 40, i have added this experiment of yours onto my bucket list. i think i can do it if i play and follow andy's intelligentcia link, pretend it's beer i'm brewing....:)

Last edited:
this morning i made some instant oatmeal (maple & brown sugar) with my keurig. i'll be doing this one again, for a quick 'n easy breakfast these winter months. quaker's instant oatmeal is quite good, actually.(surprise)

this morning i made some instant oatmeal (maple & brown sugar) with my keurig. i'll be doing this one again, for a quick 'n easy breakfast these winter months. quaker's instant oatmeal is quite good, actually.(surprise)

My granddaughter's favorite breakfast. To this day she still has it every morning. And so do her three kids. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom