How long to store fresh herbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linda, how do u store yours in the freezer? wrap? put when towel, cover with wet towel?

This is way past the deadline of the original post but, I find leafy herbs such as cilantro and parsley store best for me if they are first washed, then spun to eliminate most of the water, then rolled in damp paper towels and the rolled up towels stored in plastic bags in the ice box. This gets me as long as two weeks.

By the way, I have sage. parsley. and mint growing in pots in the kitchen at the moment.

Usually, I'll wet a paper towel, ring it out and then wrap the herb into the damp towel. Then I'll place that into a baggie or celophane wrap. If the herb actually still has the root attatched, simply place them into water and keep refrigerated.

skilletlicker said:
This is way past the deadline of the original post but, I find leafy herbs such as cilantro and parsley store best for me if they are first washed, then spun to eliminate most of the water, then rolled in damp paper towels and the rolled up towels stored in plastic bags in the ice box. This gets me as long as two weeks.

By the way, I have sage. parsley. and mint growing in pots in the kitchen at the moment.

I just buy a little handful as needed. It wilts just like cut flowers.
Having a few well tended herb plants in the kitchen is nice. Herbal gardens can be very pretty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom