I Am Adopted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I did not attempt to mislead all of you here. I was adopted when I was 3 months old. My birth parents did not want me. I know this is a bad thing to be unwanted.

Mamma could not bear children and so she and Papa adopted me. Mamma said this is a good website and she permitted me to tell the truth. It did concern me that my new friends here did not know the truth. DA did agree with this telling.

I am trying to be the best I can be. I owe my family and my new country to be the very best I can be.

I do not know what adoption means in my new country. I do know I love my parents and my family more than I can explain. I do know to be unwanted and then to have this life is not always the life of someone who is adopted.

I hope I have not disappointed anyone. It was the time for the truth.

Your friend,
~Cat

I did not attempt to mislead all of you here. I was adopted when I was 3 months old. My birth parents did not want me. I know this is a bad thing to be unwanted.

Mamma could not bear children and so she and Papa adopted me. Mamma said this is a good website and she permitted me to tell the truth. It did concern me that my new friends here did not know the truth. DA did agree with this telling.

I am trying to be the best I can be. I owe my family and my new country to be the very best I can be.

I do not know what adoption means in my new country.
I do know I love my parents and my family more than I can explain. I do know to be unwanted and then to have this life is not always the life of someone who is adopted.

I hope I have not disappointed anyone. It was the time for the truth.

Your friend,
~Cat

It means someone loves you! :flowers:

How can that disappoint anyone? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It means someone loves you! :flowers:

How can that disappoint anyone? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you so very much for understanding this. My family loves me very much and I owe them so very much.

I am relieved I have not disappointed anyone.

Thank you!

Your friend,
~Cat

Being adopted in this country, and I suspect in most countries, is nothing to be ashamed of. Rather, you should be proud. There is a lot of hoops to jump through for the parents and it means that you are loved.

We appreciate your sharing this with us. However, you should not feel obligated to do so. It doesn't change who you are.

We appreciate your sharing this with us. However, you should not feel obligated to do so. It doesn't change who you are.

+1. And you should not feel obligated to tell anyone in real life, either. It's a fact of your life, like hair color. No need to announce it :)

And maybe your birth parents felt they could not take care of you as well as an adoptive family. It is an act of love to give up a child to a better home.

Last edited:
Adopted children are especially loved, their parents picked them!

Thank you all so much! I am very lucky and blessed. In my former country, it is as a stigma to be adopted. I was not sure of this here.

I am happy this is not a stigma here! Mamma was right. Americans are much nicer about this.

Your friend,
~Cat

Thank you all so much! I am very lucky and blessed. In my former country, it is as a stigma to be adopted. I was not sure of this here.

I am happy this is not a stigma here! Mamma was right. Americans are much nicer about this.

Your friend,
~Cat

It saddens me that people would stigmatize an innocent baby for being adopted. Here, we celebrate adoption.

We all love and adore children. Hold your head up and be proud of what and who you and you parents are. We don't expect you to tell us you are adopted but being as you've chosen to I'm proud to know you. Feel welcome to reply to me as you wish. And remember head up and smile.
kadesma

Thank you! I am proud to know all of you. I am glad you adore children! I love them also. I like to watch them play here in the playground, and sometimes I take Azia there to play with them. Children with a dog is always very much fun!

Your friend,
~Cat

Sure you have. They are the parents who love you. You have never met your biological parents.

Oh! I always thought of that but I never said it!

I am loved very much from my family. It is why I am here and it is why I must be successful and make them never regret of choosing me for their child.

Your friend,
~Cat

I have friends who are trying to adopt a child from Africa. We all (their friends and family) support them as much as if they were expecting naturally. We are very excited that they are growing their family in this very loving way. You need not be ashamed. Your natural parents did what was best for you. That is a very loving act. Your adoptive parents did an equally loving act. See how many people love you! As you know America is a country built by many different kinds of people. We welcome these differences. It is one of the things that make this a great country. We welcome all kinds of people.

Last edited:
+1. And you should not feel obligated to tell anyone in real life, either. It's a fact of your life, like hair color. No need to announce it :)

And maybe your birth parents felt they could not take care of you as well as an adoptive family. It is an act of love to give up a child to a better home.
A friend of mine was adopted as a baby in the late 1940s. She was always told she was special because most Mummies and Daddies had to be content with what they chanced to get but her Mummy and Daddy got to chose the best baby.

That may not be very PC in this day and age but, as she said to me recently, as a small girl she felt dreadfully sorry for children who weren't adopted.

My mother was adopted. All she recalled was joy growing up, all the indulgence and love. Then her parents adopted another little girl, Mom was so mad! She had wanted a plaid skirt, not a baby sister!

Thank G-d you live in the normal country, thank G-d people here are normal people. Nothing wrong with being adapted, on the opposite, you are a very lucky girl. And I am sure your parents are lucky too, lucky to have found you and have you as a daughter. Where did you come from originally? Is it ok to ask you that? You do not have to answer it. Just being nosy.
On the other hand, Hoot, you are so uninformed. In the pathetic country I am coming from adoption was a huge stigma. People would move just so they would cover the fact that they adopted a child, children would be made fun of, teased. Unfortunatelly I doubt it was the only country with such mean people. I don’t even want to think about it. Thank G-d I do not live there anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom