I like knowing first names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am Licia (other variations Li, Licetta, Feli), short for "Felicia" but please don't call me by the full name... it gives me the same effect as the sound of a chalkboard being scratched when I hear that.... :ohmy: Not that it is an ugly name in general, but it is just so not me, gives me the same feeling as if my wearing a refined business suit, high heels and panty hoses... it is just SO NOT ME...

I really miss my old pet name "Charlie" though... I was always Charlie before I came to Italy. A pet name given when I was small, because I was a kid just like Charlie Brown, a goofy kid for whom everything goes wrong. I had to put it in the backshelf because the Italian folks think it odd, as they believe it is not a name for a girl.... but I feel much more like "Charlie" than (ugh...yuck...)"Felicia"!!!!:(

Goodweed of the North said:
And he'd make wonderful inventions using carbon buckyballs (those microscopic, soccer-ball shaped thingys used to make very strong things by experimental physicists).:LOL:

Only a techie would know such obscure things.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i've been told i have had brass one's before, gw, but never carbon...:rolleyes:

crewsk said:
Anyway, my name is Kristin.

Well, Kristin...I just remembered a bizarre name from my childhood. When I was in elementary school, we had a teacher whose name was Dumpy Love Guhy (pronounced "guy"). Of course, being a child, I thought that was the goofiest name in the world. Dumpy WHAT?

Years later when we moved back to my childhood county, I told Buck about her. He thought I was making her name up. Until...he saw her name in the local obituary. Then he took me seriously. What in the H-E-double toothpicks were HER parents thinking?

buckytom said:
i've been told i have had brass one's before, gw, but never carbon...:rolleyes:

You said it before I did. ROFL

KITCHENELF: He said it first, I only concurred. LoL

goboenomo - Alex
QSis - Lee
pdswife - Trish
wasabi - Linda?
Michelemarie - Michele
BigDog - Bill
Gossie - Cindy
Goodweed of the North - Bob
YT2095 - John
shpj4 - Jill
buckytom - Tommy
Loprraine - Lorraine
crewsk - Kristin
urmaniac13 - Licia

That's what I got out of this thread.
I may have missed one or two.
I left out the obvious ones.

Last edited:
Hyacinth here! A spring flower in countries that have spring, but a very nasty weed in lakes(with cute flowers though!)! I cringe everytime I tell people from East Africa my name! I also have to make them believe that It really is my name and I am not joking.The weed is damaging the Lake Victoria.

Cool name though, Hyacinth isn`t Too uncommon as a name here in the UK.
although not so much used for the younger generation.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Hyacinth Bucket from 'Keeping up appearances' Oh boy! Funny that despite everything, I like my name...maybe something to do with growing up with it?!:)

oh dear yes, I rem that program too, if you`ll excuse the forwardness, you`re Considerably better looking than she is :)

My friends Wife is called Hyacinth, and I think my wife has a great aunt by that name also, as I said, it`s cool name for a girl, just the same as Violet or Iris or Rose etc...
all flowers :)

I like it as a name and It's a lovely sweet smelling flower, We have planted some actually. Even the weed has lovely flowers! just that it hinders navigation amongst other things!

Jikoni said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Hyacinth Bucket from 'Keeping up appearances'

Tsk, tsk, tsk, it is BOUQUET!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I really think Hyacinth suits you, they are lovely just as you are!! I didn't know they were pesky weeds in Kenya, they should just dig out the bulbs and export them to where they are more welcomed!

goboenomo said:
goboenomo - Alex
QSis - Lee
pdswife - Trish
wasabi - Linda?
Michelemarie - Michele
BigDog - Bill
Gossie - Cindy
Goodweed of the North - Bob
YT2095 - John
shpj4 - Jill
buckytom - Tommy
Loprraine - Lorraine
crewsk - Kristen
urmaniac13 - Licia

That's what I got out of this thread.
I may have missed one or two.
I left out the obvious ones.

Gobo, you misspelled my name!:-p It's Kristin with an "i", not an "e". No worries though, you're still great!:)

Back
Top Bottom