Is there a nutrition forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, dcSaute, you know so well how things can go sideways around here. ;)

...ultimately most of the people that eat for taste die off and the people that eat for nutrition live a little longer...
Not necessarily. Two generations ago on my Mom's side my great aunts- and uncles lived to be 103, 99 (Uncle Tom really wanted to make 100), 84, 79, 65 (diabetic in the 1940s), and 48 (medical mishap). Think of what Polish people ate back then - not exactly heart healthy. My Mom's generation didn't eat much better, but two out of five made it into their 90s, two into their 80s, and one into his 70s. We won't count the under-ten deaths due to 1) the 1918 flu and 2) most likely SIDS in the 1910s.

If people who eat for taste rather than nutrition live longer, I'm perfectly OK with not making it into my 100s. :yum:

Perhaps you might be interested in one of these other options for nutrition discussions that might suit your interests:
https://blog.feedspot.com/nutrition_forums/

This forum is more about taste than nutrition.
But I would love a nutrition area.

I would like a nutrition area because ultimately most of the people that eat for taste die off and the people that eat for nutrition live a little longer. And so I'm happy to be with the nutrition people.

That seems to imply the healthy food doesn't taste good. I happen to think that most healthy food can and does taste good. I am one of the "oddballs" who prefer the taste of whole grains. I like my whole grain bread and my brown rice. I think they taste much better than the white versions.

Well, that's your opinion. None of us are nutrition experts and everyone has different ideas about what is healthy to eat and why, because it varies by individual needs. Telling people that their diet is going to kill them isn't conducive to creating a comfortable, friendly environment. __________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018

What are you saying?
Are you saying arguing about food is a good place and that a good place is a comfortable and friendly environment?

Those are two opposing statements.
Which one do you want? A friendly and comfortable environment or arguing?

Or do you think those things are the same? They aren't.

What are you saying?
Are you saying arguing about food is a good place and that a good place is a comfortable and friendly environment?

Those are two opposing statements.
Which one do you want? A friendly and comfortable environment or arguing?

Or do you think those things are the same? They aren't.
I think what I said is pretty clear. A friendly environment is one of the goals of this site and is mentioned in the rules. The quote in my signature is not relevant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom