Is this really 100 year old vinegar in your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is aged in barrels. When one uses the term "barrels" I assume they mean barrels that are made of wood.
If made of plastic or metal they would be called vats. Of which plastic was probably not available in 1923, and metal at a premium between two World Wars.

It is aged in barrels. When one uses the term "barrels" I assume they mean barrels that are made of wood.
If made of plastic or metal they would be called vats. Of which plastic was probably not available in 1923, and metal at a premium between two World Wars.
The website page says the barrels are made of wood. I have read before that the makers move the vinegar to different barrels every so often - I'm not sure exactly how often that is, but I think it's a period of years.

My point was, and no I didn't elaborate, in 'wood' barrels there is liable to be more evaporation than in plastic or metal, ergo the thickness could possibly be helped by that.

I did read that it was done in wood barrels. I was just trying to point that out and along with my thoughts he might have a better grasp.

Please forgive my Old friends and I on this. I saw this viniger on Mario Batali tv show years ago. Make red wine vinigar, put in wooden barrel. wood barrels kinda leak and slowly dry out. each year, transfer to smaller and smaller barells. About 10 years later, it is called Vinigre De Santos, or something. It must be Certified by a bunch of Old Italian Drunk men. If it does not pass the test, it is called Basamilc. The Barrels might be 100 years old. The Aged Vinigre is about 10. It comes in half pint fancy glass bottels. Each bottel is about 100 Us dollars. Batalli claimed, His grandmother received a bottle for her wedding. When she died, age 85, there where only a few drops left. It is dark red, and thick like Maple Syrup. Used for special occasions. It may be a bit more than 100 bux these days! Eric, Austin Tx. USA.

I happened to look up sherry on Wikipedia yesterday. The article mentioned that sherry is aged in the solera system. So, I looked up solera. Guess what? Balsamic vinegar is aged using the solera process too. The process is kind of complicated, so I'll just share a link to the article, rather than try to explain it.

Ok, ok so I tried it too. No problem with translating with Google
What browser are you using? I tried again with Firefox and had no better luck. I tried using Edge and it worked fine. Well, after it let me get to Google Translate. It just translated it with Bing Translate at first and that worked.

Chrome, taxy, is that what you're asking? Never know exactly what's going on. Google and Bing seem to show up whenever they want.

For translating websites, pulling them up on Chrome is usually the best option as you can get a direct translation, but some websites cannot be translated due to their format.

For other translations, ie emails and short articles, I would never use Google Translate as I have found it sadly lacking, especially when it comes to translating Hebrew into English. I cannot say it is the same for all languages, only those I'm fluent in.

If I need an email or general article translated, there are other translation sites that are far more accurate, both in words and in grammar, than Google Translate.

Chrome, taxy, is that what you're asking? Never know exactly what's going on. Google and Bing seem to show up whenever they want.
I have to wonder if Google might be doing something to specifically make it not work with FF. It still works for translating a whole page from Danish to English, so I really wonder what is going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom