Katie's TNT No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Our family isn't a fan of baked pumpkin pies. This recipe has been in my family since I was a little girl. It's almost like a mousse and I could eat the whole thing. Here's the recipe if you want to try it.

KATIE’S MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN PIE

(Serves 8)​
1 (9-in.) baked pie shell
½ lb. marshmallows or 32 large marshmallows
1 (16-oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup heavy cream
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving

In the top of a double boiler, combine marshmallows, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Over simmering water, heat and stir mixture until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature until completely cool. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whip cream until it holds soft to firm peaks. Fold into pumpkin mixture and turn into baked pie shell. Refrigerate overnight. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.

Note:
To prepare in the microwave, place the ingredients (except heavy cream) in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl and microwave on MEDIUM power for 4 minutes. Stir and continue to microwave on MEDIUM power, at 4-minute intervals, until the marshmallows are melted.

When the marshmallows are melted, proceed as the recipe directs.

Last edited:
I was going to do a pumpkin cream cheese for Thanksgiving but.. I think I'll do this instead. Thanks katie!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom