Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I could wear an apron but they make me so dang hot! Like Dawg, when I'm cooking for just us, I wear cool ratty house clothes that are just as washable as aprons so no harm done. I have a couple of really cute ones on display on magnet hooks on the side of the fridge.

I wear my apron over my ratty clothes. It's less for protecting the clothes than it is for having a place to wipe my hands without having to turn and find a towel.

SO bought me aprons in self-defense. She got tired of dealing with stains on my shirts and pants. I have several aprons and one is always on a hook nearby so it's convenient when needed.

Most of the time, I even remember to put one on when needed.

I used to have a couple of aprons, but I almost never wore them, so they have disappeared somewhere. I don't really want to wear anything I don't have to when working in a hot kitchen or over a hot grill out in the summer heat. I usually get uncomfortably hot just in shorts and t-shirt.

I generally have a kitchen towel over my shoulder (I started doing that before I ever saw a TV chef doing it), and that's about all. I rarely slop anything on myself unless I'm making bread, then I generally end up wearing some flour before it's over.

I used to have a couple of aprons, but I almost never wore them, so they have disappeared somewhere. I don't really want to wear anything I don't have to when working in a hot kitchen or over a hot grill out in the summer heat. I usually get uncomfortably hot just in shorts and t-shirt.

I generally have a kitchen towel over my shoulder (I started doing that before I ever saw a TV chef doing it), and that's about all. I rarely slop anything on myself unless I'm making bread, then I generally end up wearing some flour before it's over.

I feel your pain. One of the reasons I wear aprons to make bread is that, for some uncanny reason, I always seem to put on either black or navy blue clothes when I get up on the days I decide to make bread. Never fails.:ohmy:

When I was a member of a Mothers of twins club, the sewers in our group would make bibs from hand towels. We donated those to a wonderful facility that housed special needs children and adults. I saw the same kind of bib when I volunteered-then-worked at the "old aged home" back when I was in high school. Maybe you could use one of these, Merlot. :D

d33495980e8bbec98d6f55fbfe181a52--baby-bibs-patterns-sewing-patterns.jpg

When I was a member of a Mothers of twins club, the sewers in our group would make bibs from hand towels. We donated those to a wonderful facility that housed special needs children and adults. I saw the same kind of bib when I volunteered-then-worked at the "old aged home" back when I was in high school. Maybe you could use one of these, Merlot. :D

d33495980e8bbec98d6f55fbfe181a52--baby-bibs-patterns-sewing-patterns.jpg

:ROFLMAO: I think I do, especially when I wear white. My dog chewed a hole in one shirt because I spilled something extra tasty on it. :ermm:

My sister had a whole drawer full of these granny ones.

My sister had a drawer full of these aprons. Granny aprons. she refused wear any other style.
https://www.stitchthrutime.com/grandma apron.html

We all knew what to give her for Christmas, birthday, or any other day that was a holiday. We could always find one to suit the day.

Last edited:
I bought two small alligator clips and used some para cord to make a simple bib for Shrek, he clips it to two corners on a bandana. When I spill on myself, I just explain it away as "My ______ patch, I'm trying to quit." Last patch I wore was for Chinese food...

I've been wanting to update a couple kitchen tools recently. Luckily, I remembered that, since we pay for everything with a credit card (and pay it off monthly), we have a *lot* of points available, so I redeemed them for what I wanted :clap: I'll tell you about the second one when I receive it ;)

Today, though, I received this! A new KitchenAid hand blender with a whisk attachment and a mini chopper. Can't wait to give it a workout [emoji2]
0815171703a_HDR.jpg

Oooo, kitchen toys! Nice buy, GG. I save our points for kitchen goodies, too. By the time I have the full Mother-lode for the Breville toaster oven, I will have decided that I'd rather have the Hamilton Beach. I've seen many positive reviews on this model all over the web. At 1/4 the price, I could have bonus points for even more goodies if I get this one! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom