Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This KitchenAid does the same thing, since it also has whisk and food chopper attachments.

I think that's my favorite feature. I wouldn't buy a stick blender that didn't do that.

Ours is branded Wolfgang Puck, has all of those attachments too. We bought it when we moved to the Bahamas just to cut down on the clutter. It's proved to be a good purchase, good enough that when we sold the house down there, it was one of the few items we selected to ship back here.

About the working end of the stick blender going in the dishwasher, it also works to blend up some water with soap. ;):rolleyes:;)
That's fine if you are planning to hand wash something else, otherwise it's a waste of water to fill something up just to wash the blender. Putting it in the dishwasher saves time and water.

That's fine if you are planning to hand wash something else, otherwise it's a waste of water to fill something up just to wash the blender. Putting it in the dishwasher saves time and water.

I can't remember the last time I cooked a meal without hand washing anything. It's not always whether an item requires washing by hand, but how often I use it between times that the dishwasher is run, which for us is usually about every 3rd day on average.

I always have wash water in the right side of the sink when I'm cooking so I can quickly wash mixing bowls, knives (especially my knives), cutting boards, and other implements that get used during prep and early in the cooking process.

There are plenty of breaks during the cooking cycle where I can take 30 seconds or a minute to wash up 2 or 3 things. I like to stay ahead of the mess, and that way I always have the things that I use on a daily basis (or sometimes twice or 3 times daily) available when I need them.

I can't remember the last time I cooked a meal without hand washing anything. It's not always whether an item requires washing by hand, but how often I use it between times that the dishwasher is run, which for us is usually about every 3rd day on average.

I always have wash water in the right side of the sink when I'm cooking so I can quickly wash mixing bowls, knives (especially my knives), cutting boards, and other implements that get used during prep and early in the cooking process.

There are plenty of breaks during the cooking cycle where I can take 30 seconds or a minute to wash up 2 or 3 things. I like to stay ahead of the mess, and that way I always have the things that I use on a daily basis (or sometimes twice or 3 times daily) available when I need them.

Exactly. I hate digging through the dishwasher of dirty dishes to find something I need in the middle of cooking, and then having to hand wash it anyway. I refuse to run the darn thing before it's full..talk about wasteful!

NICE!
I was looking at that one at BB&B, but I wasn't sure about the
mini chopper.
GG, could you give first hand experience accounts?
K'girl, I made a test pumpkin pie for a contest and made a topping for it made with minced homemade crystallized ginger and roasted, salted pumpkin seeds. I minced the ginger with the chopper attachment that came with the stick blender and this was the result.

Before:
0821171729_HDR.jpg

After:
0821171731_HDR.jpg

I think it worked perfectly.

This is the other cooking toy I got, free with credit card points yay! :clap:

My old food processor was a gift in 1989. I tried to make a pie crust in it and it's not big enough :cry: So it's high time for a new one, especially with two shredding/slicing blades, two cutting blades and a dough blade, two sizes of bowls, and a bigger chute for slicing and shredding things. I'm going to like this!
0822171650_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
K'girl, I made a test pumpkin pie for a contest and made a topping for it made with minced homemade crystallized ginger and roasted, salted pumpkin seeds. I minced the ginger with the chopper attachment that came with the stick blender and this was the result.

Zowers! That sounds like a delicious test pie! Pass me a slice please. :yum:

Congrats on your new food processor also. The fun begins! :chef:

We love these!:mrgreen: They don't heat the Kitchen up and allow us to adjust the temps beyond low, med etc.... You can actually choose the temps for the burners.

36788-albums309-picture7088.jpg

Nice kitchen toys, all! I especially like your mother-lode, GG.

When we were in the Knoxville area, it turns out that we weren't far from several of the Lodge factory stores. Himself was a true Mr. Wonderful and took us to the one in Sevierville. In spite of the fact that he pointed out the generous-sized shopping carts, I limited my purchases to what I could carry in my own arms. Kept it to just the left arm, too, so I could keep picking things up to look! :ROFLMAO: As it turned out, I got two 12-inch, shallow skillets that can double as the lids for other skillets and pots, plus a three-quart saucepot that goes with the lid. A set of handle and helping handle silicone covers for Loverly and me - she got one of the shallow skillets. BTW, can YOU tell what was the Factory Second? In spite of the ticket on the skillet, neither could we.

Attachments

• 20170828_140703.jpg
    20170828_140703.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 138
Nice kitchen toys, all! I especially like your mother-lode, GG.

When we were in the Knoxville area, it turns out that we weren't far from several of the Lodge factory stores. Himself was a true Mr. Wonderful and took us to the one in Sevierville. In spite of the fact that he pointed out the generous-sized shopping carts, I limited my purchases to what I could carry in my own arms. Kept it to just the left arm, too, so I could keep picking things up to look! :ROFLMAO: As it turned out, I got two 12-inch, shallow skillets that can double as the lids for other skillets and pots, plus a three-quart saucepot that goes with the lid. A set of handle and helping handle silicone covers for Loverly and me - she got one of the shallow skillets. BTW, can YOU tell what was the Factory Second? In spite of the ticket on the skillet, neither could we.
Oh, nice! I love the silicon helper handle cover! What a great idea! I wonder if they're available after-market.

My Le Creuset 5.5-quart Dutch oven was less than half off because it was a floor model at the outlet store. There were some scratches on the bottom but otherwise it was perfect. I love seconds ?

We love these!:mrgreen: They don't heat the Kitchen up and allow us to adjust the temps beyond low, med etc.... You can actually choose the temps for the burners.

36788-albums309-picture7088.jpg

And, on 1800 watts (600 or 900 settings too), the temperature can go all the way up to 575 F for searing and stir-fry. Unfortunately, I discovered last night that my favorite pan for making risotto won't work on them, but the enamel over cast iron pan did just fine with the risotto. I like them too because they heat up really quickly, pretty much like a gas stove.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom