Lamb stuffed tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok.....I havent had lamb since I was younger & my parents made it, I DID NOT like it! But now Im thinking maybe ground lamb may taste a little different? esp if its in a recipe like this where its mixed with other ingredients???

I like lamb alot, but have had it at other peoples homes or at a restaurant and it was terrible.

lol yeah I know Trish, Ive made stuffed peppers & tomatoes with the beef mixture but I wanted to try something different & the lamb would be a nice change of pace! Im going to have to go hunting for a butcher!!!!

HTML:
lol yeah I know Trish, Ive made stuffed peppers & tomatoes with the beef mixture but I wanted to try something different & the lamb would be a nice change of pace! Im going to have to go hunting for a butcher!!!!

can you ask your local store to order you a few pounds...it freezes well.

How did they cook it Jeekinz?
I haven't had a good roasted leg of lamb yet in my life. When I see them on the shelf at the store I just pick up a rack instead. Being so lean, it can easily dry out. Shanks and a few other cuts are very gamey, which I do not like. I stick with the racks for the lightest flavor.

If you want to experiment. You can get a package of those "lollipop" sliced rack of lamb. Salt, pepper and into a hot pan with oil. Thats all. Cook them over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on how thick they are). They're good grilled too.

somewhere... I have a recipe for lamb shanks that is to die for. DELISH! Moist and filled with flavor. I'll try to find it...

and leg of lamb I can do pretty well too..stuff it with about a million cloves of garlic, rub with oil, lemon juice and spices.. bake and enjoy! It won't be gamey if it's killed young.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom