Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, your porch stories always put a smile on my face.

My other smile? My Dad told me today that while I am in catering mode he is hiring a housekeeper to come in one day every 2 weeks to help out around here! Yay Dad!

Haven't posted here in quite awhile.....

tickled me to see I still have friends!

The London Marathon made me smile...watching the runners slow down to give a hi 5 to the children standing on the side with their hands out...emotional

Having my whole family here and being able to cook for them and just enjoying the happy laughter of my little ones as they played.
kades

Having my Dad tell me that I am really good at cake decorating and catering. Even at 50 that is a wonderful reason to smile.

Having my Dad tell me that I am really good at cake decorating and catering. Even at 50 that is a wonderful reason to smile.
When a dad compliments you for a job well done, it's the best thing in the world..You feel as if you can run the world..I'd give a million right now to run to my dad for a hug..He would sooth my fears and things would be right with the world. I found a small lump in my throat just up from the hollow at the neck line, it's sore and pea sized and it has me scared to death..I've had a problem since they put in an access for dialysis when I was in the hospital..I have to be very careful when I swallow so food or drink don't go down the wrong way..If it does I end up with a month long nasty cough that sometimes turns into pneumonia..It got worse when they removed the access sooo tomorrow is my monthly visit to the center and the doctor will be there and I'm dreading this and just what it could be..I could use a prayer or two if you would please.
kades

Thank you Laurie,
I can use them today. Gil thinks my thyroid might be acting up so we will see.
Thanks again you are a really wonderful friend.
cj

I'm ok, nothing to worry about..just a prominent bone on the trach..Oh what a relief..
Had to be those extra prayers:) Thank you
cj

well. WHEW! i breathed a big sigh of relief reading your post, dear kades. you were & will continue to be in my prayers.

well. WHEW! i breathed a big sigh of relief reading your post, dear kades. you were & will continue to be in my prayers.
As you are in mine luvs..Thank you, you are a sweetheart.
kades

Mothers day started early today..My Cade came after school and brought me a boquet of varigated purple carnations..The special part, he had saved up the money collecting cans to get them for me. I feel so special and loved.
kades

Awww, Kades. It is always so special when a child saves up to buy a present. And purple too! Your young man has wonderful taste!

DH went to see his Mom on Wednesday but I was not up to going. While we were out in the day I picked out a very beautiful large bouquet of flowers for him to take to her. This is no small feat for me because I am incredibly allergic to all things scented, specially flowers. But I held my breath and found the perfect one.

This was not lost on her. She called me yesterday to say that she absolutely loved the flowers and knew instantly I had picked them out (her son would have grabbed a couple of carnations). She said that was very special to her because she knows how hard it is. This made me smile tons because she is the only Mom I have and we are finally bonding in a special way.

having both of my adult children here for mother's day, certainly made me smile. a little bubbly, pretty plants and a special book from my son. it is a blank journal. each sections deals with a part of my life. i am to fill it in. sorta my life's story.

What made me smile yesterday, no brought me to tears, was Mothers' Day. My mother lives distantly from us, so no celebration there (yes, cards and calls). I have no children. But friends were visiting the town and I called her and asked her to be my surrogate mom for the day.

So I was making up a meal to cook on the grill outside since it was beautiful out, and the doorbell rings. I wasn't expecting them for another hour or more. I opened the door, and there was my 7-year old next door neighbor, with a red rose stuck in a water bottle and a note. She's a little bashful, so I read the note and gave her a big hug. Her mother was hovering in the background.

It seems she asked her parents why they have mothers' day and fathers' and ... but no National Best Neighbor Day for me! Her parents asked her what she thought she should do for it, because there was no reason that she couldn't invent the holiday!

Between having a friend sit in for my mom (and they do know each other), and another friend bring me a rose, I had the best Mothers' Day ever.

Chef instructed us NOT to put notes away as he was giving the final exam to us! :) open-book test!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom