LCD or Plasma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
LCDs and plasmas are the governments doing. They read your brain waves! :shifty: Just kidding of course. :blink:

Ok I pleaded ignorant to LCD,Plasma, DLR, rear Projection, 1080I or P, resolution and all that. It's common knowledge though if you wear your aluminum foil hat it blocks the goverments ability to get in and read your thoughts. So lets get back to the task at hand and give me some edjamacation on this topic. :wacko:

JDP

I have read about that too. It will also lead to the break through of a true 3-D tv with in the next 5-10 years.

cool technology, but I am sure it will be VERY pricey to start, and taper off, as all gadgets do.

G'day mate that is very interesting. I might have to put a few shrimps on the barbie and go into a holding patern myself.

JDP said:
G'day mate that is very interesting. I might have to put a few shrimps on the barbie and go into a holding patern myself.

ROTFLMAO :LOL::ROFLMAO:

No worries mate......

Not bothered with the wide screen stuff at the moment. We've got till 2012 to upgrade before the analog transmissions cease . There are better things to spend money on (IMHO) like beer and planes........ Wide screen is a real ripoff, we're satified with our 68cm 4:3 CRT which displays WS format at a decent size, DSTB etc etc.

BAH Humbug...... :ROFLMAO:

Brooksy said:
ROTFLMAO :LOL::ROFLMAO:

No worries mate......

Not bothered with the wide screen stuff at the moment. We've got till 2012 to upgrade before the analog transmissions cease . There are better things to spend money on (IMHO) like beer and planes........ Wide screen is a real ripoff, we're satified with our 68cm 4:3 CRT which displays WS format at a decent size, DSTB etc etc.

BAH Humbug...... :ROFLMAO:

I thought all the networks had to comply buy '09:unsure:

omarsox said:
I thought all the networks had to comply buy '09:unsure:

Was next year, was 2009, now according to local retailer (pushing plasma) and friend, has been put back to '12 due of pressure by broadcasters who are dragging their heels installing transmitters in country areas. In our area we have ABC & ABC2 (inc HD for both), SBS (inc HD, TEN network. The others are really dragging their heels.

Apparently all must have digital Xmsns by 2009, analog signal off 2012.

Brooksy,
Just did a few searches on the laser TV's and their price point is $1000 for the 50 inch TV for Christmas 2007. That will put me into a wait and see mode. The worst thing that can happen is the prices continue to drop on the others and I will have a newer TV, considering my CRT's ( I'm learning the jargon now) are still working fine. Which leaves more of my fun money for beer and fly fishing. Love your outlook on life.

JDP

JDP said:
Brooksy,
Just did a few searches on the laser TV's and their price point is $1000 for the 50 inch TV for Christmas 2007. That will put me into a wait and see mode. The worst thing that can happen is the prices continue to drop on the others and I will have a newer TV, considering my CRT's ( I'm learning the jargon now) are still working fine. Which leaves more of my fun money for beer and fly fishing. Love your outlook on life.

JDP
I don't know about the government or anyone else, JDP, but I'm keeping track, and it appears that your desired size has grown from 40/42 inches to 50 inches just since this morning. If you keep that up, well, there's no telling, is there? :LOL:

suzyQ3 said:
I don't know about the government or anyone else, JDP, but I'm keeping track, and it appears that your desired size has grown from 40/42 inches to 50 inches just since this morning. If you keep that up, well, there's no telling, is there? :LOL:

SuzyQ there are a lot of size jokes that could be made that would probably shut down this thread so I won't make them. But in the spirit of another long going thread posted today " You're not the boss of me".:ROFLMAO:

Please look it up, there is no offense meant,

JDP

SuzyQ there are a lot of size jokes that could be made that would probably shut down this thread

You don't say. Good thing none of them were on my mind when I posted my carefully worded comment. :LOL:

Today I received my March issue of Consumer Reports, and lo and behold, the cover story is "HD Made Easy," -- everything from choosing which type is best to installation do's and don'ts to whether to buy now or wait to how to negotiate the best deal.

Back
Top Bottom