Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a man of taste, anything that shows the Manc scum in a true light will do for me.
Have you watched "people like us" set in Harpur Hey, I love the part where the bag wash instals a hidden camera to catch the person who uses the dustbin as a bog.They caught an 80 yrs old granny.:LOL:

a man of taste, anything that shows the Manc scum in a true light will do for me.
Have you watched "people like us" set in Harpur Hey, I love the part where the bag wash instals a hidden camera to catch the person who uses the dustbin as a bog.They caught an 80 yrs old granny.:LOL:

translated:

a man of taste, anything that shows people from manchester in a true light will do for me.
have you watched "people like us" set in harpur hey, i love the part where the laundromat attendant installs a hidden camera to catch the person who uses the garbage can as a toilet.they caught an 80 yrs old granny.:LOL:

translated:

a man of taste, anything that shows people from manchester in a true light will do for me.
have you watched "people like us" set in harpur hey, i love the part where the laundromat attendant installs a hidden camera to catch the person who uses the garbage can as a toilet.they caught an 80 yrs old granny.:LOL:

Thanks, bt. Seriously, I had no idea what he was talking about :LOL:

Showtime Publicity:

Meet the fabulously dysfunctional Gallagher family. Dad's a drunk, Mom split long ago, eldest daughter Fiona tries to hold the family together. Eldest son Philip (Lip) trades his physics tutoring skills for sexual favors from neighborhood girls. Middle son Ian is gay. Youngest daughter Debbie is stealing money from her UNICEF collection. Ten-year-old Carl is a budding sociopath and an arsonist, and toddler Liam is - well, he might actually be black, but nobody has a clue how.

i think i'll have to take a look at shameless, after that introduction.:) anyone watching scandal?---there's a show i think i'm on my way to liking. the acting is good, and that's a special treat i don't often find on tv. then again, i don't get cable....:)

That sounds interesting Addie. I don't have cable but I'll check that show out at mom's if she's interested.

Speaking of "Northern", remember Northern Exposure?

That was a really good show.

And if you remember, at the opening as the female moose was walking allong side of the buildig, the editing department messed up a bit. You could see the side of the building right through the moose.

What I like about North Woods Law is that the game wardens handle every kind of situation. From finding lost folks out hunting to little kids who wndered away from their home in the middle of the woods. Poaching, gun laws, ATV violations, drug violations, etc. No way would I walk into the deep woods looking for a nut case that is known to have a cache of guns and wanted for poaching. It really holds your interest. And I am not one for reality shows. I would rather see Westerns make a comeback. Gunsmoke. Now that was a WESTERN worth watching. There was a reason it lasted for 20 years. :angel:

I don't have cable or satellite (nor do I stream), but I do like Big Bang Theory, Gray's Anatomy, and a whole bunch of series on PBS (and the cooking shows on Create). I've been hooked on Midwife lately. And, will be back onto DA for season 4. And, I watch Coronation Street. And, I've been watching Question Period on TVO now that there is a female-version of Dalton trying to worm her party's way out of all the scandals. I just wish s/one would actually ANSWER a question. The dance moves, however, could land the politicians a spot on Dancing with the Stars or So you think you can dance...

I don't have cable or satellite (nor do I stream), but I do like Big Bang Theory, Gray's Anatomy, and a whole bunch of series on PBS (and the cooking shows on Create). I've been hooked on Midwife lately. And, will be back onto DA for season 4. And, I watch Coronation Street. And, I've been watching Question Period on TVO now that there is a female-version of Dalton trying to worm her party's way out of all the scandals. I just wish s/one would actually ANSWER a question. The dance moves, however, could land the politicians a spot on Dancing with the Stars or So you think you can dance...
I like Call The Midwife also. Very gritty. :angel:

jharris said:
That sounds interesting Addie. I don't have cable but I'll check that show out at mom's if she's interested.

Speaking of "Northern", remember Northern Exposure?

That was a really good show.

I remember that show. Loved the moose!

One of the producers of Northern Exposure was a high-school classmate of mine. We were so proud of him.

Small world, right?

I like the Big Bang Theory too, even though I am in the autism field, or maybe because I am. ;) Great show!

in what way are you in the autism field, chopper? do you teach?

Yes...I actually coach the people in the schools who work with the kids with autism and help them with programming and such. I work with the regular education teachers and the special education teachers, and paraprofessionals, bus drivers, you name it. Anyone in the school setting who needs help with kids who have Autism Spectrum Disorders or Asperger's syndrome. Heck, sometimes our team gets pulled in for helping with other students that aren't identified with any disability.

Favorite shows:
Downton Abbey
Necessary Roughness
Southland (the best!)
The Good Wife
NCIS
Person of Interest
Elementary
True Blood
Rehab Addict
Dexter
Homeland
Castle

Favorite shows:
Downton Abbey
Necessary Roughness
Southland (the best!)
The Good Wife
NCIS
Person of Interest
Elementary
True Blood
Rehab Addict
Dexter
Homeland
Castle

sherry, is your list in descending order of favorites? about half of them i haven't seen. i don't have cable. i think a couple of them i might be able to view on hulu, and will look them up. thanks.
having seen one episode of shameless, i'm ready to go back for more. this one could easily go one way or the other for me....:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom