Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Top of the Lake

Watching Top of the Lake on Hulu. It's a 5-year-old, seven episode, BBC crime drama mystery series with Elisabeth Moss, from The Handmaid's Tale. Holly Hunter has a supporting role.
The plot is primarily driven by the mystery plus the characters and their related backstories, not shoot-outs and car chases. I'm starting episode six of seven and enjoying it as much as any TV I've seen in a long time.

MeTV is showing B&W episodes of the 1960's "The Outer Limits." One of my fave Sci-fi shows from so far back. A brilliant TV show for its time, despite the Cold War slantings in a lot of episodes. The Outer Limits usually airs Saturday nights, early Sunday mornings around 1:00 AM, if you're awake. MeTV. ( A US cable network).

Here's one ending from The Outer Limits. An episode called "The Invisables". At the end, the Control Voice sums up it up like this...

"You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are the wind that blows newspapers down a gutter on a windy night and sweeps the gutter clean."

Heavvvvy!

I'll have to look that up on MeTV and record a few of them! Does that show ever bring back memories...my folks, little brother and I never missed an episode back in the day, we huddled together in the living room weekly to watch The Outer Limits. I still remember the opening monologue....:LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcdr4O-3gE

NCIS (the original) is about the only show I regularly catch. I also The O'Reilly Factor and Downton Abbey. There are lots of shows that I enjoy when they come on if I'm tuned in but don't always go looking for them.
I'm an NCIS fan too but what is is about their attitude to their women characters? They keep killing them off - Kate, The woman in charge whose name I forget and Ziva. I'm waiting for them to do Abby in (don't tell me if they have - we're several series behind you). Seems a bit misogynist to me.

I want to smack the Di Nozzo character though. Can't get rid of him fast enough.

Last edited:
We've been enjoying the Netflix series "The Crown". I heard on the news that Prince Harry really likes it also, confessing he's often regretted being a Royal, and his true affection for his Grandmother has been enhanced by this series.

I found Charles III to be both interesting and a bit surprising...

For whatever reason I didn't expect to see that scenario played out on screen while the Queen lives ..

Ross

Not certain if this is a petty rant... lol

I've noticed that a lot of very old shows are being redone.. :huh:

The Gong Show, Battle of the Network Stars and others which have slipped my old mind.. Didn't like them then, probably wouldn't now.. :wacko:

I suppose the story writers have run out of new ideas..

Ross

And hopefully the ridiculous reality shows are coming to an end. I am not a fan of hideous violent shows either. I have no need to see the body all bloodied up. Specially when it involves children.

There are some fun summer shows to watch on TV. We enjoy AGT. Ok, so it's not "great tv", but we never fail to get some laughs and "OMG;s" now and then.

Hey, at our age, that's not such a bad way to spend an evening on the loveseat together. :D

I like the old movies, but severely dislike Svengoolie.

Svengoolie [MeTV] brings up a lot of trivia about the movie playing and who's in it and such. That's neat. He's a modern day throwback to the genre when local TV stations had a host showing sci-fi or scary movies late at night. Remember "Elvira" ? She dressed like Morticia Addams, only, more vampire like and seductive. She had sharp incisors too :LOL:

Last edited:
Svengoolie [MeTV] brings up a lot of trivia about the movie playing and who's in it and such. That's neat. He's a modern day throwback to the genre when local TV stations had a host showing sci-fi or scary movies late at night. Remember "Elvira" ? She dressed like Morticia Addams, only, more vampire like and seductive. She had sharp incisors too :LOL:

I find him obnoxious. I liked Elvira, she had class.

Not certain if this is a petty rant... lol

I've noticed that a lot of very old shows are being redone.. :huh:

The Gong Show, Battle of the Network Stars and others which have slipped my old mind.. Didn't like them then, probably wouldn't now.. :wacko:

I suppose the story writers have run out of new ideas..

Ross

Stumbled on this and remembered Just Cooking's post.

Watching Alaskan Bush People to find out Ami's diagnosis.
Does anyone else watch it? Seems like a lot of people hate it. I think it's entertaining in a weird way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom