Monday, August 7, 2017, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having A Sandwich a day: The Pepito at Irazú Cafe | Serious Eats. Our DD called Friday night to see if we could understand what spice the chef in the DDD video says. So, I watched the video and it was cumino, AKA cumin. Got us interested in this so we decided to give it a try. She and the oldest GD have been trying new things. DD is finally starting to branch out and cook new things since the GD has shown an interest in cooking, besides the fact that she told me she was getting tired of her very limited repertoire. Publix had the lizano sauce in the ethnic section.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/irazus-pepito-sandwich-0173488

Last edited:
Black bean burgers. Baked Black Bean Burger.jpg

Hmm, so far tenspeed is my idea of a destination dinner. :D Or...I'll stay home in my slop clothes and cook. ;)

We'll have suntan peppers (green ones starting to turn red, and much cheaper than either) stuffed with yesterday's Arizona Dreaming seasoned chicken breast, corn, black beans, tomato, and rice. I'll bake those like normal in a pool of Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies, and plop them on creamy mashed potatoes. Salad on the side. Cantaloupe for dessert later. No ice cream in the house...:( *sigh*

My take on Salade Nicoise

I made a few changes - I added some anchovy fillets, made string bean salad (rather than just cooked beans), steamed the red potatoes (then tossed them with splash of white vinegar while hot), grape tomatoes and used Kalamata olives (they were on hand and I couldn't find Nicoise olives when I went shopping).

27696-albums1087-picture7066.jpg

Wow...everything looks and sounds soooo good today! Med, we were turned on to that Lazano sauce on a trip to beautiful Costa Rica. There was a bottle on every table, and I use it often. Good stuff on lots of things.

We're having pan fried loin lamb chops and buttered corn off the cob with fresh spinach.

Pepitos sammie with homemade chips. Craig really liked it. I certainly wouldn't turn 1 down, but would pick a Philly cheese steak with mushies, onions and cheese first.

Attachments

• 2017-08-07 18.16.33.jpg
    2017-08-07 18.16.33.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 133
My take on Salade Nicoise

I made a few changes - I added some anchovy fillets, made string bean salad (rather than just cooked beans), steamed the red potatoes (then tossed them with splash of white vinegar while hot), grape tomatoes and used Kalamata olives (they were on hand and I couldn't find Nicoise olives when I went shopping).

27696-albums1087-picture7066.jpg

We had trouble finding nicoise olives. Finally found some up in Palm Beach, ritzy area and $$, but then we found them in a huge jar at Restaurant Depot.

I had black bean burgers! The other (fiancé) had chicken strips and the other other (kid) had leftover pizza

Choice of grilled California burgers or burgers with Bbq sauce, both with smoked provolone, pasta salad, spiffed up Bush'sbake beans, watermelon wedges and another trip to the Dairy Queen for a half gallon vanilla ice cream. The Small Fries ate some of everything, except no burger buns and no baked beans.

I have a bunch of odds and ends and I have to figure out which to eat as each isn't really enough for a meal.

4 small turkey meatballs with a little bucatini, some leftover camarones ajillo and rice, leftover japchae, Korean style seaweed salad, and leftover grilled chicken in Frank's hot sauce.

It's all just too disconnected.

Last edited:
Good looking food, y'all! We ended up skipping the 'lope, but tonight's stuffed peppers were a winner. No recipe, just put things together that we like alone and hoped for the best. In addition to everything named above, I also added some Queso Fresco to the stuffing because it won't be the least bit fresco when we come back home! :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170807_222318.jpg
    20170807_222318.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 186

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom