My baby rolled over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Even though she's sick with a nasty cold, Sofie rolled over for the first time on Monday--it was her 10 week birthday! At first we figured it was a fluke, but she did it several times and again yesterday. She can roll from tummy to back but still looks like a stuck turtle when she tries to go the other way.:)

DH and I were so excited and proud but of course I got a little (OK, a lot!)weepy thinking about how fast she's growing up already!:rolleyes:

That is such great news! Way to go Sophie :)
Now things change PAB. Changing diapers will start to become a challenge. Don't worry, you still have some time before that happens though. It now sometimes takes two of us to change Rach. One to hold her down and the other to change her.

I wish I had a Little one again, I remember Rocking Anna to sleep after a feeding with a bottle of course!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: Anyway I know you must be proud of her, Thank You for Sharing with us, I love to hear about kids!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

GB said:
That is such great news! Way to go Sophie :)
Now things change PAB. Changing diapers will start to become a challenge. Don't worry, you still have some time before that happens though. It now sometimes takes two of us to change Rach. One to hold her down and the other to change her.
GB, I know what you mean with holding them still. When mine were little we had no disposable diapers so I had to use cloth and safty pins..So when mine would start the scramble for freedom run, I'd give them a pop on the diaper. That got their attention and it didn't hurt..Now of course Ethan and Carson have disposables and I had to gather my wits and figure out something to keep them still..Both boys and most little kids love shiny bright jewelry, so I had them a bracelet or watch and you'd be surprised how quiet they become..Like a snake with a bird:LOL: They are only allowed when they are being changed..It works every time...Other wise I would really be in for it 3 boys and now a baby to watch 3 times a week..Lord just think of the chaos..

kadesma:ROFLMAO:

How exciting, It's such a joy to watch them grow and all the cute things they do..Right now Caron is 10 months and pulls himself up and walks around the coffee table..This little guy always is smiling and laughing..Now he looks at us and waves just his fingers, but with both hands.. And I love when he raises both hands over his head to be picked up..Boy do they make your heart swell...Give Sofia a big hug and a big good girl for me...What a special little girl:)
kadesma

Way to go Sofie!!!
turtle.gif

congrats on her first milestone pab!!!! i agree with 'bug (uh oh, hath heck frozen over???), i'm hoping to see her wearing the gold medal in the 2022 olympics someday...

and oh boy, if you're getting excited about that, wait until you get your first hug and kiss, or the first time she calls out mama or dada. you'll just melt...

about diapers: i wanna thank the guy that invented velcro. i can't imagine what you went thru kadesma.
dw could become a pro wrestler at this point. she has gotten good at holding our boy down with a figure 4 leg lock while taking his temperature, applying the diaper rash creme, and then the diaper, all in one swift move. i'm trying to teach him how to tap out, or tag me so i can come into the ring with a folding chair. unfortunately, i think i saw him doing rope-a-dopes, pile drivers and half nelsons with the cats...

can you smell what the buck is cooking????

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! I love sharing my news with you all--you make it all the more fun and exciting!:)

GB, I already have to wrestle Sof on the changing table so I can't imagine what's to come. Those middle of the night changes are the worst. I don't know if she's extra-squirmy or if I'm extra- out of it!

Mud, I sure hope you can teach Sofie some gymnastics. Her mommy can't even do a cartwheel!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom