My cat is going insane!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
In my bathroom, I have an over-sized tub built into a little niche, with a large window that looks out onto the deck and the woods behind the house. I love to stretch out in the tub and look out the window.
Outside, we have hung good-sized, mounted staghorn ferns on each side of the window. Staghorns are a very unique, epiphytic fern, with enormous fronds suggestive of antlers. Ours are attached to cedar boards in a nest of sheet moss.
Anyway...
A little Carolina Wren has made a nest in one of the ferns, and we can watch her going in and out to feed her babies.

My male Siamese is very fond of sitting in the window and looking out, so you can imagine what it's doing to him to have this little bird flitting in and out only a few inches from his nose.
For a while he just made funny little noises, but it's finally gotten to him, and lately he's been trying to catch the bird. It's hilarious... he leaps up to nab it and conks his head on the window, then falls into the tub with a "Rrroowwwww!"
I don't know how many times he's going to have to crash into that window before he figures out that he can't get to the bird. He's a pretty smart cat, but this thing is driving him CRAZY!

LOL, Connie. He will just have to continue to be tortured, I guess.

We used to have a tomcat who went absolutely apesh*t over birds on TV.

Yeah - it is quite amazing to watch.

We put a bird feeder on the window. It uses suction cups to hold it there. Birds land and eat frequently during the day. I have two cats - a mature older one and a kitten. Yesterday, birds were feeding. The mature cat jumped up from a nap and started chattering. Then the kitten got into the hunt position and they both started chattering in stereo. It was hilarious.

The kitten doesn't understand yet that the window is a shield. She frequently will jump and try and catch the birds.

my 13 year old cat STILL to this day tries to get birds through the window. Or leaves blowing past my sliding glass door. She's pretty funny.

In our old house.........before we moved the computer to the finished computer room we had it in the soon to be Dining Room. There was a sliding glass door right by it and a friendly little squirrel would always come up to the window and check things out. This absolutely drove my cat, Trinket, insane. She'd do her little cat bark and then hiss and smack away at the window. I do remember the one time I was sitting on the couch and enjoying the scenery and she was laying on the back of the couch looking out and along came a bird and she plowed her head into the window. I about peed my pants over that one. Come to think of it she hasn't done that since. Maybe she is smarter than I give her credit for.:)

:) I think cats are very into amusing themselves even if they can not possibly catch someting I always leave out the big or not so big cardboard shipping boxes for a few days and they love to get in them and tear it up they also love any paper bag and so forth, you cat people know what I mean.:D They can be so funny some times with just some little thing like a tin foil ball or the inside card board of a toilet paper roll.Some times we wake up and find shredded toilet paper and its dragged all over the house down the hallway in the middle of the night we find that quite funny in the morning.

Im sure my 2 cats would do the same. :LOL: Got to love it!
35.gif
Thanks for the post and the laugh. :)

My cat is part maid. If you leave out any clothing you'll hear this natorcious drawn out eerie........MRAAWWWWWWW! And there she'll be with the clothing in her mouth. Thankfully, she's never brought out any bras or panties when guests were here :LOL: . This was great when we lived in the tri-level and the laundry room was on the lower level and the bedrooms on the upper. I think it stems from her days with her previous owner who kept her in the laundry room. She also has a thing for potatoes too :ermm: .

:LOL: Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face. I love watching animal videos! No matter what crappy mood your in when you sit and watch these you can't help but smile.

You're welcome Sizz, glad you enjoyed it!! I love animal everything and anything myself (and especially of cats!), and that one is one of my all time favourites!!

I have 4 cats, but only one who loves only me. While I was away caring for my father for 2 months, my Timmy would only come inside to look for me. Everytime he found me gone he'd want to run back outside. My boys had a hard time getting him to eat anything and many times had to leave him something outside. Now that I'm home, he's back to his normal self. It's like he moved out when I did and only returned when I was back.

Back
Top Bottom