National Ugly Sweater Day - Dinner? 12/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Friday !
Grilled Porterhouse with Fried Bell Peppers & Onions, Half-a- Russet, Air-Baked,
Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and the salad...

Porterhouse & Peppers.jpg

Pork and fennel ragu. Used part of the slow and low oven roasted pork butt from the other day. Garnished with pecorino romano, fennel pollen and fennel fronds.

Attachments

• 2020-12-18 19.16.06.jpg
    2020-12-18 19.16.06.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 54
I only had to make veggies since there was plenty of meatloaf and pork medallions leftover. I made a meatloaf sandwich with lots of ketchup (the only time I eat ketchup) to go with the Brussels sprouts and potatoes (both roasted), while Himself worked over the pork. Homemade bread for the sandwich, too.
IMG_20201218_203613049_HDR.jpg

I heated a commercially made beef tourtière from a sort of local farm. I served it with leftover roasted vegis, the halves of a twice baked potato I found in the freezer, rødkål (Danish red cabbage), and gravy. That was good. I'll try their pork tourtière soon.

I made some tacos tonight, starting out with some black bean chili, prepared in the IP, adding some cooked, ground venison, that I had made into chorizo, after the beans finished. I simmered it a little longer, with some salsa negra, then I served them with some rinsed chopped onion, shredded queso panela, crema, and torn leaf lettuce, in some corn tortillas.

Jeannie had a late lunch out, with a friend so, I had poached eggs on toast, late afternoon.

We had chocolate sundaes for dessert.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom